Jalen Ramsey - Debate the pick

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
It all but appears Ramsey will be the selection by Dallas.

Here are some videos:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...msey-is-better-prospect-than-patrick-peterson

He is a handful off the edge as rusher. Coach Rod needs to let him do this some. He makes mistakes with his angles, but is a willing tackler. Great Run defender. His coverage skills appear more than adequate. Big kid. Fast. Always plays press coverage. Relies on his athletic skills and always has an eye on the QB. Sometimes gets caught peeking too much.

What are we missing? I think he will be something akin to Aqib Talib.

Does anyone have some actual film breakdown on him and not just highlights?

reddyuta

Reaction score
50/50 he will be a Cowboy.The Chargers are not a big fan of Jerry,they may trade that pick to somebody who wants JR.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm fine with it. In a perfect world, there's a stud DL there at 4 that perfectly matches our need, but that player apparently does not exist this year. Best case scenario with Ramsey....with Scandrick/Mo/Carr at CB, they put Ramsey at S immediately with plans to move him to CB down the road. BUT he performs so well at S paired with Jones, they leave him there and we have an ultra-athletic duo at S for the next 5+ years.

Or maybe they've fooled everyone here and will actually take Bosa.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I can't seem to wrap my head around why SD will take Ramsey over Tunsil, but I think that's where their fans are leaning. If so, gonna be a lot of shocked people here

Questfor6

Reaction score
Jags will move to 3 because San Diego knows Dallas won't take Buckner or Tunsil at 4. Ramsey has always been a pipe dream selection in my mind until the last 2 weeks, love the athleticism but him at corner is huge ? IMO.

Hardline

Reaction score
What member of the Cowboys organization told you Ramsey is most likely the choice?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Jags will move to 3 because San Diego knows Dallas won't take Buckner or Tunsil at 4. Ramsey has always been a pipe dream selection in my mind until the last 2 weeks, love the athleticism but him at corner is huge ? IMO.

By all means let SD do that, and I gladly trade the pick with Baltimore who would take Buckner or Tunsil, which should net us a 3rd and then I take Elliot at #6 in that situation.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I can't seem to wrap my head around why SD will take Ramsey over Tunsil, but I think that's where their fans are leaning. If so, gonna be a lot of shocked people here

It's Buckner, not Tunsil the team covets. What the fans want isn't relevant.

Questfor6

Reaction score
By all means let SD do that, and I gladly trade the pick with Baltimore who would take Buckner or Tunsil, which should net us a 3rd and then I take Elliot at #6 in that situation.

It's kind of similar to what happened in 2012 when Tampa knew Jacksonville was taking Blackmon and traded back 2 spots with Claiborne as the target on for STL to trade 6 to Dallas

hendog

Reaction score
I'd rather take Bosa. Build your D from the lines out. JR's relying on his athleticism may not far as well at this level. But I'm sure he can improve his technique. If we get him I hope he plays S but I'm sure they'll follow the money and put him at CB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It all but appears Ramsey will be the selection by Dallas.

Here are some videos:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...msey-is-better-prospect-than-patrick-peterson

He is a handful off the edge as rusher. Coach Rod needs to let him do this some. He makes mistakes with his angles, but is a willing tackler. Great Run defender. His coverage skills appear more than adequate. Big kid. Fast. Always plays press coverage. Relies on his athletic skills and always has an eye on the QB. Sometimes gets caught peeking too much.

What are we missing? I think he will be something akin to Aqib Talib.

Does anyone have some actual film breakdown on him and not just highlights?

I'm not missing anything. He's an amazing talent and it would be great to have him in our secondary for the next 10 years.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Depends on what happens at #3, if Jalen is there he is probably the pick.

Brugler on the draft show is saying he thinks they are going with Buckner. He and Broaddus showed to have some good sources/guesses last year during the draft. They also think it is between ramsey & zeke at 4.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
50/50 he will be a Cowboy.The Chargers are not a big fan of Jerry,they may trade that pick to somebody who wants JR.

Trade back with the Jaguars? They take Ramsey, we take Zeke, then they get Tunsil?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It's Buckner, not Tunsil the team covets. What the fans want isn't relevant.

I agree, but I don't know anyone in the SD front office, so I don't really know what the FO wants. Maybe you caught an interview I missed, I don't know, but often fans have *some* insight into what the FO wants.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Brugler on the draft show is saying he thinks they are going with Buckner. He and Broaddus showed to have some good sources/guesses last year during the draft. They also think it is between ramsey & zeke at 4.

Oh with out a doubt.

Bosa & co. only have a chance if we trade out.

If we stay at pick 4 it will be Ramsey or Zeke.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Not sold on Ramsey. Hope I'm wrong cause I think he'll be the pick if available