Jalen Ramsey - Debate the pick

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I agree, but I don't know anyone in the SD front office, so I don't really know what the FO wants. Maybe you caught an interview I missed, I don't know, but often fans have *some* insight into what the FO wants.

I think their fans are like ours and most just don't like Buckner. They also see Tunsil there with two OTs who could be massively upgraded from with Tunsil. Thing is, reports have said that having both Dunlap and Barksdale signed to long deals is pushing the team away from Tunsil. And I don't know how the Chargers use their visits, but Ramsey wasn't even brought in for one. Buckner and Tunsil were, so maybe that's another sign pointing away from Ramsey.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I can't seem to wrap my head around why SD will take Ramsey over Tunsil, but I think that's where their fans are leaning. If so, gonna be a lot of shocked people here

They lost Weddle in FA so they could go Ramsey but I am with you. They need to protect Rivers.

Gaede

Reaction score
Don't like it.

He's like the inverse of Bosa for me. I like Ramsey, the person and athlete, but I don't like Ramsey the player--mostly because he doesn't have an actual position. I like Bosa, the player and position, but I don't like Bosa the person

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Don't like it.

He's like the inverse of Bosa for me. I like Ramsey, the person and athlete, but I don't like Ramsey the player--mostly because he doesn't have an actual position. I like Bosa, the player and position, but I don't like Bosa the person

Good post.

When I watched FSU play ramsey was an impact player mostly as a Blitzer and run defender. But he was impactful. In the league I wonder how much of that game translates. Don't see us blitzing a safety or corner 10 times a game. I think he plays like a strong safety. Maybe Garrett has a genius approach to the pass rush. Blitz ramsey....

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Oh with out a doubt.

Bosa & co. only have a chance if we trade out.

If we stay at pick 4 it will be Ramsey or Zeke.

That's my thinking at 4, Zeke or Ramsey
If they trade out I would think depending on how far that would be Zeke, Buckner, Bosa

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Brugler on the draft show is saying he thinks they are going with Buckner. He and Broaddus showed to have some good sources/guesses last year during the draft. They also think it is between ramsey & zeke at 4.

I watched the show but word is the Chargers GM is not saying and they are possibly torn between Tunsil and Ramsey, time will tell.

BermyStar

Reaction score
They lost Weddle in FA so they could go Ramsey but I am with you. They need to protect Rivers.

This keeps being brought up "Ramsey to replace Weddle". Thing is though, they signed Dwight Lowery in FA.

QT

Reaction score
My debate is in my sig. He will not be a great corner.

Western

Reaction score
He is not even in the same league as Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, or Sean Taylor.

Heck Sean Taylor had 10 interceptions in one season at the U, & likewise, Ed Reed had 9 interceptions in one season at the U.
Those guys were game changers in college, big-time hitters, had timely interceptions, were team leaders, & were finalists for post-season awards - such as the Jim Thorpe Award.
And those guys were picked below #4 in their respective drafts.

Pick #4 requires impact football players & game changers - not athletes who can run around the defensive backfield chasing slot receives.

QT

Reaction score
He is not even in the same league as Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, or Sean Taylor.

Heck Sean Taylor had 10 interceptions in one season at the U, & likewise, Ed Reed had 9 interceptions in one season at the U.
Those guys were game changers in college, big-time hitters, had timely interceptions, were team leaders, & were finalists for post-season awards - such as the Jim Thorpe Award.
And those guys were picked below #4 in their respective drafts.

Pick #4 requires impact football players & game changers - not athletes who can run around the defensive backfield chasing slot receives.

Thank u. And Eric Berry had like 13 in 3 years at Tennessee. Lets face it, Ramsey has bad hands. He's not a game change . Herm Edwards got in his face and told him he needs to catch the ball to make a difference not deflections. Most his highlights are deflections and tackles. Catching the ball creates turnovers, deflections gives the ball back to the offense.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Tunsil, Ramsey, Elliot, Buckner, Bosa...nice problem to have. There is one in particular that leaps off the screen at you.

Last edited:

BermyStar

Reaction score
I forgot about that

Yeah I lot sight of it for a bit too, because I spent most of my time analyzing San Diego's draft needs reading what I could on Bolts From the Blue. It is more insightful then guessing but at the end of the day they're fans just like I am.

RoboQB

Reaction score
50/50 he will be a Cowboy.The Chargers are not a big fan of Jerry,they may trade that pick to somebody who wants JR.

Did you just suggest that a team would trade the 3rd pick overall just to spite Jerry?... smh... I think we're all going nuts... hang in there, buddy.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The main reason I can see Ramsey being the pick is this is most likely Carr and mo's last year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Did you just suggest that a team would trade the 3rd pick overall just to spite Jerry?... smh... I think we're all going nuts... hang in there, buddy.

no,i am suggesting the chargers will take below market value to trade down.