Jalen Ramsey Traded To Rams

EST_1986

Reaction score
You are speaking in hindsight. I’m talking about in 2016 when you thought Romo was in his prime and Zeke wasn’t a “knucklehead”.
I think Jerry Jones was the only person on the planet that thought this guy had significant time left in the league. But 2016 Romo, pick Ramsey. In prime Romo, pick Ramsey.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
But what impact did he have on the Jaguars?

We've seen the impact, and it's been one of the largest impacts we've seen by a defensive player in a long time.

The four years before Ramsey got there they were no higher than 20th in defensive DVOA- 20th, 26th, 26th, and 28th.

After Ramsey? 12th, 1st, and 6th.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Jerry Jones was the only person on the planet that thought this guy had significant time left in the league. But 2016 Romo, pick Ramsey. In prime Romo, pick Ramsey.
And get Romo killed even more than he was? I mean if you feel that way that’s fine I just don’t think corner made sense that high in a passing league.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The devil is in the details. Like the Texans with Tunsil (and to a smaller extent the Cowboys before them), the Rams traded for Ramsey but didn't get a contract extension done. What that means is that the team is screwed in future negotiations. They only have him under contract this year and next. But considering that they gave up not one, but two 1st round picks and a 4th as well, they have no choice but to give him anything he demands on a long term deal in order to justify the draft investment.

They screwed themselves.

EST_1986

Reaction score
And get Romo killed even more than he was? I mean if you feel that way that’s fine I just don’t think corner made sense that high in a passing league.
Lockdown corners a stupid idea in a passing league ...agreed. Guess we should have pass rush either.

khiladi

Reaction score
Marcus Peters is trash... way too many none-headed plays that aren’t in any way compensated by his flashy INT play every one in a million.

A Rams that gave up 50 plus to the Bucs led by Winston, definitely improved defensively, but whether it was worth it in the long run is yet to be seen.

This was definitely a trade for an impact player to try and win it all this year. But of course you still got Goff...

Ramsey allows them to play more Aggressively without Wade having to worry about Peters running to his right when the WR runs to Peters left..

Last edited:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Marcus Peters is trash... way too many none-headed plays that aren’t in any way compensated by his flashy INT play every one in a million.
Peters is a modern day Terrell Buckley. T-Buck had all the tools to be great but sold out for the interception and he has great numbers when it comes to picks but was not great. All the p.i. calls and getting burnt gambling.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
There’s a argument to be made but I just don’t like Ramsey. Which is why he’s getting traded. He’s scum. I still make the Zeke pick.
Now we just need Zeke to show up and play like he is worth a 4th over all and that hes the highest paid RB. The RBs on the opposing teams over the last 3 weeks have performed him in yardage. Having said that hes Not even close to this teams worst problems. That goes to Carrot and Dak!

khiladi

Reaction score
Peters is a modern day Terrell Buckley. T-Buck had all the tools to be great but sold out for the interception and he has great numbers when it comes to picks but was not great. All the p.i. calls and getting burnt gambling.

i remember last year him not blowing a game on his own at the end of the game by leaving his WR wide open, while Peters wasn’t even paying attention to the snap.

Aven8

Reaction score
Wow that’s ugly........is that gonna help Goff throw for more than 78 yards?