Jalen Thompson entering Supplemental Draft

Ebnorice

Reaction score
no he is not and you are saying a multi year NFL starting safety is not as good as a college player that couldn't go in the main draft after 3 years...

yeah, I think you should apply for head of scouting...or maybe just open those chops and keep your stupid unsubstantiated opinions to yourself?

I don't give two you know what's about how you feel about heath but he has proven himself as an NFL starter and Thompson is not even debatable....so maybe let's remember grass isn't always greener maybe?

Damn is Heath your older brother or something?

Calm down big guy. Just because he decided to go to The supplement draft doesn’t mean he would not have been drafted in the “regular draft” had he been available.

JBS

Reaction score
no he is not and you are saying a multi year NFL starting safety is not as good as a college player that couldn't go in the main draft after 3 years...

yeah, I think you should apply for head of scouting...or maybe just open those chops and keep your stupid unsubstantiated opinions to yourself?

I don't give two you know what's about how you feel about heath but he has proven himself as an NFL starter and Thompson is not even debatable....so maybe let's remember grass isn't always greener maybe?

Lolol..he's proven he sucks as a starter

Hardline

Reaction score
I think he would go in the 4th or 5th round if he was in the 2020 NFL draft.
Offer a 6th and see what happens.
Some team will offer an earlier round pick though.

J12B

Reaction score
I think he would go in the 4th or 5th round if he was in the 2020 NFL draft.
Offer a 6th and see what happens.
Some team will offer an earlier round pick though.

I believe Dallas traded their 2020 6th round draft pick for Robert Quinn.

Dallas will have to go with a 5th or 4th to get him most likely.

If we can get him for a 5th, I'd say it's worth pulling the trigger on.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Jalen Thompson was banned due to purchasing a banned substance from a local nutrition store. According to the source for the Spokesman-Review, it was not a steroid. He was formerly rated as a potential 2nd day pick for the 2020 NFL draft.

I wouldn't mind throwing a late round pick at him. But the question is how we fit everyone on this roster.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm wary about a dude knowing the rules and breaking those rules anyway. He was banned because of it. Sure, he might be a good player, but Dallas has had good players that just won't stay away from banned substances even though it cost them millions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm wary about a dude knowing the rules and breaking those rules anyway. He was banned because of it. Sure, he might be a good player, but Dallas has had good players that just won't stay away from banned substances even though it cost them millions.

Care to elaborate? Tell us what rules he broke and why banned?
Or are you assuming this?

Could be some technicality. It happens all the time. Which is one reason why they have the supplemental draft.
Possibly it was a time requirement to be on a college roster to be eligible. Or a red shirt issue the caused him to not have accrued enough time in school.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doesn't apply here at all
"That's not my point" -- Mickey Spags
hqdefault.jpg

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Um, no. He’s not an all star, but he still makes plays like this:

MarriedRecklessBug-size_restricted.gif

Like what? Running after the guy with the ball? Isn't that what he is supposed to do? Are we supposed to give him extra credit and not look to improve the position because there was one time he pushed a guy out of bounds and that guy fumbled the ball? A Heath lowlights video would be 10 times longer than his highlight video. His spot needs to be improved and it doesn't and shouldn't matter how.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I know nothing about him at all, so I went and watched his "highlight" video. Um, I really hope that there is more to him than what I saw because it was 6 or 8 plays. A few strong tackles and a couple of picks on badly underthrown passes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind throwing a late round pick at him. But the question is how we fit everyone on this roster.

Good question. Not being a talent scout myself, I'll leave it up to McClay and the other Dallas scouts who tend to that. They've been doing a pretty good job of beating the bushes for talent in recent years, so I'm inclined to be comfortable in leaving that task up to them. Our safety situation obviously has room for exceptional talent. Let's hope we're first in line for an upgrade, whether it's this guy or someone else.

Last edited: