Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Um, no. He’s not an all star, but he still makes plays like this:

MarriedRecklessBug-size_restricted.gif
Too few and far in between for my liking

Reactions: BAT

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dude was a three year starter at Safety and probably the Huskies best Defensive player. Any thoughts on picking up this guy

It's always about price. We could certainly use more talent. We've got a bunch of safeties, but half of them are cuttable without a tear. Iloka, Thompson, Showers, Frazier.

Trouble is that this guy sounds more like a FS, and what we need is an upgrade at SS. Still, I'd be happy to get him in the 4th or later. Value is value.

I'd like to see some pro day workout numbers, though.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
no he is not and you are saying a multi year NFL starting safety is not as good as a college player that couldn't go in the main draft after 3 years...

yeah, I think you should apply for head of scouting...or maybe just open those chops and keep your stupid unsubstantiated opinions to yourself?

I don't give two you know what's about how you feel about heath but he has proven himself as an NFL starter and Thompson is not even debatable....so maybe let's remember grass isn't always greener maybe?

Don't wet yourself there, sport!! I didn't know Heath had such hardcore fans! Are you salty because you're the only fan who has a Heath jersey? Thompson is already twice the player Heath is, and so is every poster here. And, uh...obviously you do care about my opinions because nobody else has blown a gasket like that in response to any of my posts, over HEATH no less. Congrats! :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
SD = we are way down the list as playoff team he wont get to US..just like the regular draft the bad teams have first shot, maybe that needs to be changed like the NBA

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Heath fan club is amazing. He is a starting NFL safety and should have a good play or two. By far the worst starter on the team.

I literally agree and am NOT a Heath fan. Unless me thinking he’s a good 3rd safety makes me a fan. I just don’t think we should blow off a play that literally won us a game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I literally agree and am NOT a Heath fan. Unless me thinking he’s a good 3rd safety makes me a fan. I just don’t think we should blow off a play that literally won us a game.

Is he really a good third option? He is a Special Teamer that can play in a pinch. Guy is a terrible tackler. He takes terrible angles, probably on purpose. Can’t cover. Has a few picks but far from a ball hawk. He just isn’t a good player.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Always upgrade and add talent to your roster. I would use a supplemental pick on Thompson as a FS/CB.

Pro Football Focus notes that Washington State junior S Jalen Thompson recorded the lowest grade of any returning defensive back when targeted out of the slot.
The QB rating on such plays was a laughable 51.5 last season. Thompson (6'0/191) is one of the clear plusses on a team that could be heading into a bit of a rebuilding downturn during the upcoming season. He put up 73 tackles with a hearty four interceptions during the past season. The NFL could have some level of interest in him if he declares for next spring's draft after the coming campaign.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Yeah right. Carr was going out of bounds. Not a great play at all.

This play was for the game. He wasn’t going out of bounds.

Don’t mistake me for a Heath fan. Don’t think he sucks either. He simply is who he is. He should be a backup on the team to someone better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Um, no. He’s not an all star, but he still makes plays like this:

MarriedRecklessBug-size_restricted.gif

Can we stop kissing Heath’s butt over this play?

It was 3rd down. Carr already had gotten the first down. If Carr doesn’t reach for the pylon, but does the smart thing and goes out of bounds. The raiders are looking at 3 chances to get the touchdown or at least a game tying field goal.

Heath didn’t do anything special on this play. He just managed to push Carr AFTER giving up a first down and Carr dropped the ball.

It was an ok play. Certainly not a great play and definitely not a reason he should still be a starting safety.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

It was 3rd down. Carr already had gotten the first down. If Carr doesn’t reach for the pylon, but does the smart thing and goes out of bounds. The raiders are looking at 3 chances to get the touchdown or at least a game tying field goal.

Heath didn’t do anything special on this play. He just managed to push Carr AFTER giving up a first down and Carr dropped the ball.

It was an ok play. Certainly not a great play and definitely not a reason he should still be a starting safety.

I would like to see us upgrade as well but I will say I have seen Heath making big plays for the defense outside of this particular play. Again I would like to see Dallas improve where ever we can including SS but I also know this board can go overboard in their attacks. Myself I think Heath is a decent safety but not opposed to bringing in players and making him compete for a spot on the roster

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would like to see us upgrade as well but I will say I have seen Heath making big plays for the defense outside of this particular play. Again I would like to see Dallas improve where ever we can including SS but I also know this board can go overboard in their attacks. Myself I think Heath is a decent safety but not opposed to bringing in players and making him compete for a spot on the roster

Yes some on this board do go overboard on their attacks.

I also don’t dislike Heath. I think he would be a great back-up/ sub package/ special teams guy. That’s the level of player he should be. Which is fine. You need guys like that.

But he is a subpar starter.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Heath's claim to fame:

He was in the vicinity.