Jalen Thompson entering Supplemental Draft

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Um, no. He’s not an all star, but he still makes plays like this:

MarriedRecklessBug-size_restricted.gif

Yeah right. Carr was going out of bounds. Not a great play at all.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
no he is not and you are saying a multi year NFL starting safety is not as good as a college player that couldn't go in the main draft after 3 years...
This is an absurd argument for two reasons.

One, there are plenty of seniors who will play college ball in 2019 that will be better than the "multi year " NFL starter they will be drafted to replace in 2020

Two, Jeff Heath is awful.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How does that apply to the supplemental draft?

He lost his eligibility for this year and wants to turn pro.
My man:

1. It was 80% a Mickey Joke.
2. But the quote contained 20% relevancy because said kid became available due to his poor decision-making. You could just hear the argument from Micky on that front! Mickey just loves to rebuke available players. Then, once Daddy Jones picks the player up, that little worm will turn a 180 and go full-court press in defending the acquisition. It's hilarious.

Real talk: If Jalen is worth the squeeze, I have zero problem with McClay, with Richard's recommendation, to spend a late 2020 draft pick. Like others, I don't have a strong knowledge of the kid's skills and seriously doubt that this FO feels even a moderate need to fill any void just weeks before T/C. It would be cool if he was a kid projected to be an early 2nd day pick in 2020 and we got him for a 5th or 6th. It's a good thread..just tried to inject some humor, that's all.

Last edited:

keysersoze

Reaction score
no he is not and you are saying a multi year NFL starting safety is not as good as a college player that couldn't go in the main draft after 3 years...

yeah, I think you should apply for head of scouting...or maybe just open those chops and keep your stupid unsubstantiated opinions to yourself?

I don't give two you know what's about how you feel about heath but he has proven himself as an NFL starter and Thompson is not even debatable....so maybe let's remember grass isn't always greener maybe?
LMAO :lmao2:calm down Jeff. I think the guy was only kidding. Damn!!! Hahahahaha

nobody

Reaction score
Care to elaborate? Tell us what rules he broke and why banned?
Or are you assuming this?

Could be some technicality. It happens all the time. Which is one reason why they have the supplemental draft.
Possibly it was a time requirement to be on a college roster to be eligible. Or a red shirt issue the caused him to not have accrued enough time in school.

All it took was typing his name into google and all of the information is right there.

As a player, it's your job to know what is banned and what isn't. Done.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
As a player, it's your job to know what is banned and what isn't. Done.
It's actually kind of complicated. The list of banned substances is extensive and the amount of ingredients in any over-the-counter supplements is also a lot. One of my former players lost his scholarship at Boise State for the same thing.

The best advice you can give any college player is to simply not buy any supplements and just rely on what your school's nutritionist and training table provides for you.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know nothing about him at all, so I went and watched his "highlight" video. Um, I really hope that there is more to him than what I saw because it was 6 or 8 plays. A few strong tackles and a couple of picks on badly underthrown passes.

I couldn't tell much about him from what I could find, either. If he's good or has upside, I would expect us to bid a pick, though. We were looking at safeties early in the regular draft, but had our eyes on the DT instead and then the draft didn't really fall where safety was the better value from there. I'm not sure Donovan Wilson was a better value on our board when we took him or if we just felt we needed to at least take a stab at one and at that point, there's not a whole lot of difference in value.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Like what? Running after the guy with the ball? Isn't that what he is supposed to do? Are we supposed to give him extra credit and not look to improve the position because there was one time he pushed a guy out of bounds and that guy fumbled the ball? A Heath lowlights video would be 10 times longer than his highlight video. His spot needs to be improved and it doesn't and shouldn't matter how.

Love this board. Lol