Jalen Tolbert speaks

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He looked decent in camp from the reports, I believe. But, they kept saying maybe they we're asking too much of him to learn all the different WR positions. Sounds like Tolbert wasn't too bright to be honest.
I dont recall him showing anything in camp. It was like there was nothing on the kid.

75boyz

Reaction score
Offseason puff and fluff isnt going to give me hope that a guy who couldn't beat out rookie UDFA Dennis Houston is going to become a productive pro. My assumption is that sometime between cut day 2023 and cut day 2024 Tolbert wont be a Cowboy
My opinion as well.

75boyz

Reaction score
In the current pecking order of pass catchers he's prolly somewhere at a debateable 4th - 6th option. Lamb, Cooks and Gallup being 1-3.
Depending where/how Pollard and Ferg are utilized in the passing game, that may end up as the 4th or 5th option that he would also hafta compete with to get targets.

Then there's Fehoko, Houston and whomever is drafted and possible UDFA this year that may end up performing better in camp.

So yeah,
he's gotta lot of work ahead of him just in order to earn targets imo.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My opinion as well.
Maybe too soon to give up, it was his rook season, disappointing yes, but maybe he has a decent showing this camp.
Too soon to be thinking about being cut at this point.
He gets a pass due to his draft stock, but he needs to show up in 2023.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The staff's hopes for Tolbert were overstated. He's from a humble background, working hard to improve. Where's the compassion? :huh:

Last edited: