Jalen Tolbert speaks

RoboQB

Reaction score
Helmet Hair would've cut him and left him in GB.
Then again, ol' Jimmy never would've drafted him.
At the very least, he'd know how to line up.

(Yes, I will beat that dead horse.)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He really shouldn't talk. That's how bad he was. Extremely bad. So disappointing for a costly 3rd round pick. Showed he had no business being drafted that high. He has so much work to do to prove he even belongs on the team. Last thing he needs to be doing right now is talking.
They have media obligations written into their contracts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He should have been given one position to learn and played a ton in the preseason but that didn't happen.
Bingo!!!!! Playing college is one thing, playing in NFL preseason games is a different ball game, and playing NFL regular season at a high level is a different monster altogether. This is how far we expected this kid to raise his game from a 3rd round pick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m so amazed a kid from South Alabama didn’t just dominate out of the gate.

If the team expected him to even be somewhat productive it was peak naïveté.
He was a victim of us putting him in a position where he needed to succeed this year. We knew Gallup was going to likely not be able to start the season and all we added veteranwise was James Washington, a player who hadn't proved that he could even be a third receiver. That put pressure on Tolbert to be one of our top three receivers right away. When he couldn't, it put pressure on a UDFA (Dennis Houston) to do it. Dallas' poor planning at the position wasn't fair to either of them.

Fortunately, both this year should have the opportunity to work their way into the fourth or fifth positions (along with Fehoko) and start showing if they have what it takes to earn a larger role. That's how it should have been last year.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Instant success and impact can't always happen. Some need more time to learn and grow. Keep working Jalen. in 3 years, Cowboys may have best Jalen in the East. :)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I honestly dont give one damn about the words that come out of his mouth. Talk is cheap....... just think about all the talk we hear from Dak every time he loses a game with his picks. He says the same stuff over and over, yet nothing seems to change.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Offseason puff and fluff isnt going to give me hope that a guy who couldn't beat out rookie UDFA Dennis Houston is going to become a productive pro. My assumption is that sometime between cut day 2023 and cut day 2024 Tolbert wont be a Cowboy

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Kid got hurt early camp and never got over it ......I think he will impress this year