Jalen Tolbert speaks

conner01

Reaction score
I’m so amazed a kid from South Alabama didn’t just dominate out of the gate.

If the team expected him to even be somewhat productive it was peak naïveté.
Very good point
He has talent but had so much to learn
He could really improve year over year just from learning the concepts of route running
The talent is there

Rayman70

Reaction score
We had a guy named Jimmy Smith here in the 90's, same deal..we drafted him and he never did seem 2 improve and get on the field due to multiple reasons. But after we gave up on him and traded him he was great for the Jags. Became an elite wr for a few years there. The light came on for him when he was able to get the reps. I feel we have a similar sitch here with Jalen. Lets give the kid time. I have a hunch he will flash at very least given a chance.

KDM256

Reaction score
Hopefully Tolbert can bounce back this year because WR is a dime a dozen position that can easily be forgotten about if not producing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Ourlad's profile even says you have to be patient.

His skill set needs a lot of work, however, and a team will need patience before they throw him on the field. Drops too many balls and his body control as a route runner is inconsistent. These things are correctable, and his natural gifts are noteworthy.

ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/46916/

TheCritic

Reaction score
There was a time not too long ago when WRs typically redshirted their rookie season. Besides, it was only a few months ago when many fans were ready to write off CeeDee Lamb. Let's see what happens this season.

mardwin

Reaction score
I’m so amazed a kid from South Alabama didn’t just dominate out of the gate.

If the team expected him to even be somewhat productive it was peak naïveté.
A kid from Troy did dominate out of the gate... but it was on the defensive side.

Anyhow, Tolbert couldn't line up properly he had other issues besides adjusting to the league.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We had a guy named Jimmy Smith here in the 90's, same deal..we drafted him and he never did seem 2 improve and get on the field due to multiple reasons. But after we gave up on him and traded him he was great for the Jags. Became an elite wr for a few years there. The light came on for him when he was able to get the reps. I feel we have a similar sitch here with Jalen. Lets give the kid time. I have a hunch he will flash at very least given a chance.
Yes he and Keenan McCardell were a tough combo there.