Twitter: Jamaal Adams being rumored to the Cowboys yet again

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wonder if the Jets would consider Dak in trade? They have Darnold but I wonder if they might consider moving Darnold and Adams?

I was thinking the same thing earlier but surely they are not that dumb.

Just watch this guy.. He is younger than Joe Burrow too.

If they would do a 1 and Dak for Adams and Darnold its a no brainer for Dallas to do.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't know why you'd choose not to pay Byron Jones and then not only trade valuable assets for Adams, but then turn around and give him probably the largest safety contract ever.

Then again, it's eerily reminiscent of the Demarco Murray -> Zeke Elliot transition so it probably makes too much sense.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

If they would do a 1 and Dak for Adams and Darnold its a no brainer for Dallas to do.

Honestly, Dak alone is probably worth Adams and Darnold, and I'm not even a big Dak fan. Darnold has shown absolutely nothing.

NotForLong

Reaction score

:oldcouple:

JBS

Reaction score

How many teams with a winning record did darnold beat?

How many of his tds and yards didn't come in garbage time?

Oh, you don't want to play this game any more?

Im a darnold fan..but there are no statistical categories that show he's a better qb than dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Im a darnold fan..but there are no statistical categories that show he's a better qb than dak

The statistics don't really matter to me. Save that for someone willing to play the statistics game when it comes to Dak.

His stats weren't so great when we played teams with a .500 record or better so i'm not going to ignore the difference in ability like 50% of this fan base does for Dak Prescott.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Big yawn from me.

As long as it’s no more than a 2nd rounder then go ahead but we’re already paying too many positions that you don’t pay big money too.
This guy is one you make an exception for. Would be best DB we’ve had since Prime Time / Brock Marion.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Honestly, Dak alone is probably worth Adams and Darnold, and I'm not even a big Dak fan. Darnold has shown absolutely nothing.

Please.

Sam Darnold is only 22 years old keep that in mind and already has quite a bit of NFL experience with all the tools you look for in a QB.

The ceiling is high and the floor has shown to be not so bad either.

Give him protection, Zeke, and this group of WR's and we would be ridiculous on offense.

He's also on the rookie deal for I believe 3 more years.

JBS

Reaction score
The statistics don't really matter to me. Save that for someone willing to play the statistics game when it comes to Dak.

His stats weren't so great when we played teams with a .500 record or better so i'm not going to ignore the difference in ability like 50% of this fan base does for Dak Prescott.

Yeah well physical ability alone doesn't equate to success. Of course darnold is physically more talented. He doesn't play like it. With all of that said, circumstances do matter. You are projecting what you think darnold would be in Dallas, and I'm ok w that projection. But dak is a better qb than darnold the way things are right this minute.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I was actually thinking Dak and a 2nd for Darnold and Adams but yeah, I could see that. My preference would be to come to a reasonable deal with Dak but if this madness continues, I'm all for getting value and moving on.

JMO

NotForLong

Reaction score

No one is saying he is better, we are saying they are equal. But Jamal Adams & Darnold are better

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Re-structure Martin and we’ve got space for Jamaal Adams. I also think we’ll redo Crawford’s contract freeing up 2-3m or so. So the money aspect is do-able.

It’s more the idea of giving up a lot of draft capital for a non-premium position. I think Jets will want more than a 1st and that’s probably not a good deal for us. Looking at Cooper, we got a steal in theory, but it didn’t win us a Super Bowl and we’re now on the hook for 20m a season. If we had Gallup, Lamb and say Beasley...that’s probably enough resources at WR and we’d have 20m (less Beasley money) and a 1st round player in his second year.

I will argue with you about this comment because I believe the strong safety position can be a premium position. The way JA plays the position is pretty amazing. No, he doesn't get a lot of interceptions, but he does get a lot of pass deflections, tackles for losses and QB sacks. He's great against the run and he's sorta like a defensive end playing in the secondary, in a good way! :thumbup: