Twitter: Jamaal Adams being rumored to the Cowboys yet again

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can pull-off a trade for Jamal Adams, it immediately fixes a position of need with a superstar SS. The demeanor of the entire defense changes with a guy like him.

If they're going to add further strength to either the DE position and stay with what they have at the SS position, or the reverse, imho, getting JA makes the most sense. Remember
they're talking about using someone like Jaylon Smith to rush the passer also.
can't win rings by playing make believe. Meaning, signing and trading for star players and expecting a Ring.It doesn't work that way in reality. While he would make us better on paper, this game is played with unsung guys at certain positions that are hungry and rise to the occasion. I rather see what Donovan Wilson can do at safety.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is great in coverage. He just doesn't get ints.
sounds like Byron Jones lol..but I get what your sayin. We need a playmaker that must be accounted for back there. HAVE TO GET TURNOVERS. Ii watche dhim play, he is hit and miss in coverage and sometimes is too physical and draws a lot of PI calls. Hes a box safety that is a beast. HAS SOME COVER SKILLS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Forced fumbles are TO also, which our D is not good at in the past.
YUP, so he would help in that area. Where I don't like him is in coverage. He makes up for his cover skills with great instincts and leadership. That's why I would like him...but I just cant call him elite yet. For me, I rather see Donovan Wilson get a fair chance to play more. He has somethin.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Adams wants to be the highest paid safety in the entire league, figure 15 million per season. 15 Million is more then what our entire secondary makes, by the way they are all free agents after the season. On top of this, the Cowboys would have to surrender 2 premium draft picks to acquire him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I’d love to add Jamal but I’d also love to see more of Donovan Wilson who amazingly was forgotten about by our old staff.

JBS

Reaction score
Adams wants to be the highest paid safety in the entire league, figure 15 million per season. 15 Million is more then what our entire secondary makes, by the way they are all free agents after the season. On top of this, the Cowboys would have to surrender 2 premium draft picks to acquire him.

You mean our entire secondary that sucks? Yeah..I'm not surprised

Rayman70

Reaction score
I've seen the tape. You haven't
Oh I see, Your painted yourself into a corner on this and sticking to it. Ok, suit yourself. I have been around watching FB 45 YEARS and let me tell you. I have seen a lot of elite play. Darren Woodson was much better in coverage than Adams is now. Doesn't mean he wont have a chance to get better in the right scheme. You cant say much because the kid has played for a trash organization. Lets be fair and reserve judgment for when he is with a better team. But to date, he's shown to be up and down. OUTSTANDING BOX SAFETY AND LEADERSHIP FOR DAYS. He's a alpha dog...but you cant just put on blinders and ignore what he is.

fivetwos

Reaction score
can't win rings by playing make believe. Meaning, signing and trading for star players and expecting a Ring.It doesn't work that way in reality. While he would make us better on paper, this game is played with unsung guys at certain positions that are hungry and rise to the occasion. I rather see what Donovan Wilson can do at safety.
That's not an unreasonable way to look at it, and most likely what's going to happen regardless.

I DO hope Wilson gets the proper look though. Seemed like the last staff forgot about him, and preferred to bring in castoffs scrubs like Thompson instead.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's not an unreasonable way to look at it, and most likely what's going to happen regardless.

I DO hope Wilson gets the proper look though. Seemed like the last staff forgot about him, and preferred to bring in castoffs scrubs like Thompson instead.
Thompson suck. I never understood that either. Wilson always looked better when he got game reps.

Kwyn

Reaction score
LOL. No way is a SS who doesn't even get int's the leader of a defense.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Visit the Jets board or subreddit. All of their fans say Adams is the unequivocal leader of their defense.

And before you get started saying his money talks erode his leadership, stop. It doesn’t. Players don’t care about that because they all feel the same way. “Go get your money” is the mantra and none of them ever talk about another mans money. The argument that money comes at the cost of leadership is nothing more than fan fiction born out of a misguided understanding of team dynamics

Great Cornerbacks, who get most of the picks, are not typically the leaders of a defense. Richard Sherman is an exception that comes to mind. Would anyone have ever considered Deion a leader on our defense?

Linebackers and Safeties, on the other hand, quite often are the leaders on the field

Ronnie Lott
Troy Polamalu
Steve Atwater
Ed Reed
John Lynch

I’m not saying Adams will ever be as great as those guys but he has a chance. After only h th three years, he’s certainly putting forth the effort to get there.

JBS

Reaction score
Oh I see, Your painted yourself into a corner on this and sticking to it. Ok, suit yourself. I have been around watching FB 45 YEARS and let me tell you. I have seen a lot of elite play. Darren Woodson was much better in coverage than Adams is now. Doesn't mean he wont have a chance to get better in the right scheme. You cant say much because the kid has played for a trash organization. Lets be fair and reserve judgment for when he is with a better team. But to date, he's shown to be up and down. OUTSTANDING BOX SAFETY AND LEADERSHIP FOR DAYS. He's a alpha dog...but you cant just put on blinders and ignore what he is.

What evidence do you have to support that he's weak in coverage? Show me something..anything..bc it doesn't exist

Rayman70

Reaction score
You mean our entire secondary that sucks? Yeah..I'm not surprised
Do we know that they still suck? lol..We haven'tplayed a down of FB..not 1 practice. New staff,new scheme, new players. Lets take a wait and see approach.

Kwyn

Reaction score
RINGS. Earl has RINGS. When big plays are made is what makes a player elite. Adams will have a chance to do that if hes with a good team. Then we can have that conversation. Being all pro aint what it used to be. The litmus test is situational playmaking. He hasn't proven himself in that area as of yet. In all fairness to him, he is playing for the Jets. Maybe he will shine somewhere else.
Situational playmaking? Have you watched a single down of Jets football? I kinda doubt it after that statement

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Love to have him but giving up a first and third, then if he wants $15M or more, will pass. As the tuna use to say "can't have filet at every position". Need some sirloin in there somewhere.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What evidence do you have to support that he's weak in coverage? Show me something..anything..bc it doesn't exist
God Bless you man. I'm an old fart.I don't have time to fool round with this. I will let others do a deep dive on this and show you some proof. Like all players, he aint the end all be all. He has some short comings. Try being rational and reasonable.