Twitter: Jamaal Adams being rumored to the Cowboys yet again

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we do it we just remain mediocre and I would rather be awful then mediocre.

Eagles and Broncos went all in on FA and they won titles. Maybe we should take note.

The Rams also bought their way to a Super Bowl.
What elite free agents in their prime did the Eagles sign to long term top of the market contracts in 2017? Same for the Broncos in 2015. As for the Rams, they got there, fell short, and now are dismantling. Ultimately I would much rather use the Patriots example where they are in the hunt year after year.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What elite free agents in their prime did the Eagles sign to long term top of the market contracts in 2017? Same for the Broncos in 2015. As for the Rams, they got there, fell short, and now are dismantling. Ultimately I would much rather use the Patriots example where they are in the hunt year after year.
Don't forget, with NE it's not just the players, but an exceptional coach. Groundbreaking, sort of like what JJ was when he came to Dallas. Not every organization can pull-off trading their best players every year and still win.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys can pull-off a trade for Jamal Adams, it immediately fixes a position of need with a superstar SS. The demeanor of the entire defense changes with a guy like him.

If they're going to add further strength to either the DE position and stay with what they have at the SS position, or the reverse, imho, getting JA makes the most sense. Remember
they're talking about using someone like Jaylon Smith to rush the passer also.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

cowboyec

Reaction score
it's been talked about so long...eventually we're gonna "will it" to happen.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Idk how much I believe this. If that was true I think he’d already be here.
The Jets don’t care about Adams giving the. Cowboys a hometown discount. If anything, it drives the asking price up.

Adams can’t control the picks and players that the Cowboys would have to give up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s been in the league three years. He was a second team all-pro in year two and first team in year three

what else would be “a lot yet to prove” before you decide he’s a great player?

By the way, Earl Thomas, who has had a fantastic career, has been in the league 10 years and been all-pro three times, the last year being 2014.
RINGS. Earl has RINGS. When big plays are made is what makes a player elite. Adams will have a chance to do that if hes with a good team. Then we can have that conversation. Being all pro aint what it used to be. The litmus test is situational playmaking. He hasn't proven himself in that area as of yet. In all fairness to him, he is playing for the Jets. Maybe he will shine somewhere else.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s been in the league three years. He was a second team all-pro in year two and first team in year three

what else would be “a lot yet to prove” before you decide he’s a great player?

By the way, Earl Thomas, who has had a fantastic career, has been in the league 10 years and been all-pro three times, the last year being 2014.
LOVE Adams. I would welcome a chance to see him shine in Dallas. Just sayin,I wanna see him look elite when the big moment comes to help decide a game. I suspect he can do that with a good team. The Jets are actually building a decent team, but sadly, their head coach is a moron.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I gotta keep saying it.

I'd be very surprised if they moved him for only a 1st and a 3rd.

I really, really want this guy but not at all sure we can afford to give up what they need to get in return.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Totally agree. IMO Clinton-Dix is an upgraded version of Jeff Heath. Terrific backup but I would want a better player in the starting lineup.
Donovan Wilson is a guy we better account for. He has some really good instincts and ball skills. He may surprise in camp.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is not elite in coverage by any means. The majority of his splash plays are at or behind the line of scrimmage. He has two career interceptions, but 12 sacks and 6 forced fumbles.
^^^this...is what I been saying too. We must understand what he does and so forth. Coverage isn't his forte.