Twitter: Jamal Adams - sellers remorse

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He wanted to play for the Cowboys. We should have tried to get him. Yet we did nothing. They did the same thing with Dak.

Now look where we are now. I would gladly trade the Jets for something what Seattle gave up for him.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree but didn't they give up a couple first ect?

Yeah. It will most likely be two late first round picks. Look at it this way. Adams will be much more impactful over the next two years than those two first round picks will be. So I can understand Seattle's logic.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Question. If they go deep into the playoffs or the super bowl, would you consider it worth it?
In Dallas , Jones family only gives lip service for championships, as long as the product sells and they are the mega sports club , nothing will change

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That still ain’t worth what they gave up though.

Always ask: What would Belichick do?

He would not give up two 1st and a huge amount of cap space for a Safety and definitely not a Strong Safety.

He would trade away that type of player for those picks.

Patrick Chung was the starting SS for the Patriots in multiple Super Bowl winning seasons.

Johnny23

Reaction score
That still ain’t worth what they gave up though.
If they can win a Super bowl it will be. Gives them a new Bam Bam Kam. That's the play.. let Russ cook on offense and plays to the wall on defense.

ondaedg

Reaction score

He would not give up two 1st and a huge amount of cap space for a Safety and definitely not a Strong Safety.

Patrick Chung was the starting SS for the Patriots in multiple Super Bowl winning seasons.

Well then Billy B would have made a mistake. :lmao:

InTheZone

Reaction score
I miss the days of year 1 and 2 Roy Williams putting up these stats. But the asking price was too high.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Box safeties dont matter and they cannot impact the game at all.

Then list garbage safeties of recent SB champs.

Offer the Jets a 3rd. Maybe.

All of you know who you are.

Edit....oh right he doesnt get interceptions.
Brad Sorensen

ATL threw for 450 yards, and we're talking about how much impact a safety had? He wasn't worth it, and the Jets are better off long term having traded him, because they were going to be terrible anyways.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Brad Sorensen

ATL threw for 450 yards, and we're talking about how much impact a safety had? He wasn't worth it, and the Jets are better off long term having traded him, because they were going to be terrible anyways.
Yes they did!

How much of that was garbage time or had nothing to do with him?

They had a lead and were deliberately trading yards for time. You seriously want to use that against him?

If you want to try to make the argument that he isnt any good or makes no impact go ahead.....doesnt bother me if you're wrong.

No way I would have paid that price for him, but wasnt my point. There were people around here who didnt want him at all, or thought he wasnt worth as much as a first.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Yep.

But the other ten guys didnt stink.

And you talk about Chung as if he isnt any good. He is better than anyone Dallas has thrown out there in quite some time.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes they did!

How much of that was garbage time or had nothing to do with him?

They had a lead and were deliberately trading yards for time. You seriously want to use that against him?

If you want to try to make the argument that he isnt any good or makes no impact go ahead.....doesnt bother me if you're wrong.

No way I would have paid that price for him, but wasnt my point. There were people around here who didnt want him at all, or thought he wasnt worth as much as a first.
He is the best player in the league at his position and is not worth a first-round pick AND the contract because he doesn't impact the passing game.

You can ballyhoo all you want about garbage time, still holds.

aria

Reaction score
When Dallas doesn’t get too cute they hit on picks. They got cute on Claiborne and got cute with Taco. Also got cute with LVE when they saw red flags.
and got lucky with Ceedee and dumb with zeke. Before that was Byron who I liked but many people had no problem letting him leave because he didn’t get INT’s, he only shut down the other teams best receivers.

The 5 before that were solid minus Claiborne. Martin, Fred, Smith, Dez.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and got lucky with Ceedee and dumb with zeke. Before that was Byron who I liked but many people had no problem letting him leave because he didn’t get INT’s, he only shut down the other teams best receivers.

The 5 before that were solid minus Claiborne. Martin, Fred, Smith, Dez.
Come on man we can talk football but you don't have to use your Zeke agenda in our arguments. ITs just going to have us talking in circles. On no planet is Zeke a bad pick. Sure Cowboys should've probably used that pick on a defensive player but he was not a dumb pick. He was suppose to help brittle Romo stay upright for a few more season than he did and was suppose to keep the defense off the field.

You gotta let Byron go. He would'v just been another overpaid/overrated guy on the payroll for people to complain about. They didn't get lucky with Cee Dee he fell. If it wasn't him it would've been Jeudy.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah. It will most likely be two late first round picks. Look at it this way. Adams will be much more impactful over the next two years than those two first round picks will be. So I can understand Seattle's logic.

I also agree it seems picks are often overvalued