Twitter: Jamal Adams - sellers remorse

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So instead of answering my question you’re just going to say it’s ridiculous. Great rebuttal. As far as the Chiefs drafting zeke, you could say that about any Super Bowl winning team, absurd. Instead, why don’t you tell me who the Chiefs did win the Super Bowl with a running back.

I’ll tell you who, a guy named Damien Williams, 7th year as a pro with a whopping 1200 yards during his CAREER! He had 17 carries for 104 yards with a long of 38 which zeke hasn’t sniffed in years. They now have a RB they drafted with the 32nd overall pick. Amazing how yet another Super Bowl team won with a no name RB and/or an old veteran RB. BTW, their opponent, the 49’ers, got to the SB with running back by committee. Amazing!

You have no idea how Ramsey would have turned out here or how zeke would have done with Romo. But hypothetically, Ramsey and his position have a lot more value than a RB. We also could have used Buckner, Neal, Clark, Chris Jones (KC pick), Howard, Michael Thomas and still picked up Henry in the 2nd. We could have vastly improved our defense and had a great RB with a smaller salary.

Wasted pick, wasted salary cap space. Feel free to answer my questions you continue to ignore about championship teams and running backs.
Because I don’t do the whole “how many teams” argument you guys do. It’s silly. Every time a team wins a ring they do something different then the previous winner did. Trying to emulate what the Pats do isn’t going to guarantee you success.

Let me try some....how many teams have won a ring investing the 4th pick in the draft on a cornerback? Here’s another.....how many teams have won a ring trading a first round pick for a wide receiver.......you see how crazy that sounds?

And none of those guys were projected to be top 5 picks except maybe Buckner. Nobody was taking Michael Thomas with the fourth pick in the freakin draft come on man.....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Why would the Jets have remorse? Their team sucks. It sucked with Adams last year and he made it clear he wanted out.

They need a lot of help and got a nice haul for Adams. There's no reason for them to have remorse. Seattle is probably happy too, given how he played.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What contract? He is playing on his rookie deal and hasn't complained.

You HOPE to come close to equaling a player like him in the first round.

Saying he isnt worth trading one for is ridiculous.
Last I checked the nfl isn't over after this year.

A first for a rental is stupid, so you have to pay his next contract too. No, he's not worth it.

aria

Reaction score
Because I don’t do the whole “how many teams” argument you guys do. It’s silly. Every time a team wins a ring they do something different then the previous winner did. Trying to emulate what the Pats do isn’t going to guarantee you success.

Let me try some....how many teams have won a ring investing the 4th pick in the draft on a cornerback? Here’s another.....how many teams have won a ring trading a first round pick for a wide receiver.......you see how crazy that sounds?

And none of those guys were projected to be top 5 picks except maybe Buckner. Nobody was taking Michael Thomas with the fourth pick in the freakin draft come on man.....
Ok...let’s make this easier, how many rushing leaders have won a Super Bowl in 20 years?

Sure, every SB team does something different but there’s one thing they all have in common (in the past 10-20 years I’m guessing) none of them wasted a top 5, or most not even a top 10 pick on a RB. Take Thomas out of it, the others I mentioned were all Pro Bowl defensive guys including interior, edge and safety which we could have and still can use more than a top RB many of which are consistently found in later rounds or FA.

I don’t care how good he is, it was a waste of a pick and salary cap juat based on position alone. That doesn’t even include how he’s not top 10 in most stats other than carries/total yards which is more about play calling then it is him.

We’ve been over this 1k times no sense in arguing any further.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok...let’s make this easier, how many rushing leaders have won a Super Bowl in 20 years?

Sure, every SB team does something different but there’s one thing they all have in common (in the past 10-20 years I’m guessing) none of them wasted a top 5, or most not even a top 10 pick on a RB. Take Thomas out of it, the others I mentioned were all Pro Bowl defensive guys including interior, edge and safety which we could have and still can use more than a top RB many of which are consistently found in later rounds or FA.

I don’t care how good he is, it was a waste of a pick and salary cap juat based on position alone. That doesn’t even include how he’s not top 10 in most stats other than carries/total yards which is more about play calling then it is him.

We’ve been over this 1k times no sense in arguing any further.

How many teams have won a Super Bowl drafting a quarterback in the top 5 of the draft in the past 10 years? There's ONE team and that's the Eagles with Wentz. History says you shouldn't trade the farm for quarterback but they won anyway.

We can go on about this I just don't' feel that's a viable excuse for why the Cowboys haven't had success. I just disagree there. You are advocating them waste the pick on a Ramsey who either would've got traded or let go for nothing Michael Thomas who was a 2nd round pick and Deforest Buckner who's also on another team now.

Y'all favorite running back do this last week?

erod

Reaction score
Adams is great but SEA gave up the farm for him.
DAL was never in it at those trade prices.
Seattle got the best defensive player in the NFL not named Aaron Donald.

So we'll draft somebody half as good at football.

Cowboys stupidity.

aria

Reaction score
How many teams have won a Super Bowl drafting a quarterback in the top 5 of the draft in the past 10 years? There's ONE team and that's the Eagles with Wentz. History says you shouldn't trade the farm for quarterback but they won anyway.

We can go on about this I just don't' feel that's a viable excuse for why the Cowboys haven't had success. I just disagree there. You are advocating them waste the pick on a Ramsey who either would've got traded or let go for nothing Michael Thomas who was a 2nd round pick and Deforest Buckner who's also on another team now.

Y'all favorite running back do this last week?

Lol, so now you’re comparing QB’s to RB’s? Anyways, you’re still wrong about that, there’s been 3 top 5 QB’s win Super Bowls in the past 10 years. I’ll let you figure it out. Also, we all know Wentz didn’t win that Super Bowl, they won with a back up QB and an “old” veteran RB so thanks for helping me prove my point.

You keep bringing me advocating Ramsey, I brought up about 5 other Pro Bowl defensive players we could have used and have only brought Ramsey up a couple times if that. Then you claim you know matter of fact what would have happened with Ramsey but you don’t. Based on how Jerry folded to a RB holding out with 2 years left on his contact and off the field issues I would say it’s much more likely Ramsey would still be a Cowboy rather then not. You also keep over looking the fact we could have had Henry AND a pro bowl defensive player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol, so now you’re comparing QB’s to RB’s? Anyways, you’re still wrong about that, there’s been 3 top 5 QB’s win Super Bowls in the past 10 years. I’ll let you figure it out. Also, we all know Wentz didn’t win that Super Bowl, they won with a back up QB and an “old” veteran RB so thanks for helping me prove my point.

You keep bringing me advocating Ramsey, I brought up about 5 other Pro Bowl defensive players we could have used and have only brought Ramsey up a couple times if that. Then you claim you know matter of fact what would have happened with Ramsey but you don’t. Based on how Jerry folded to a RB holding out with 2 years left on his contact and off the field issues I would say it’s much more likely Ramsey would still be a Cowboy rather then not. You also keep over looking the fact we could have had Henry AND a pro bowl defensive player.

What 3 Super Bowl winner drafted a QB in the past 10 years that were top 5 aside from Wentz?

And I bring up Ramsey because you are having revisionist history. The picks were never going to be Michael Thomas or whoever else. The only picks would've been Rosa if he fell to them, Ramsey, Zeke Buckner.

And I'm not overlooking it. I also don't overlook that Derrick Henry AIN'T ZEKE.

aria

Reaction score
Derrick Henry would have been more than adequate, cheaper and would have only cost a 2nd round pick. But but but...he won the rushing title last year, so you’re right, based on most recent history he’s not zeke...he’s better, at least according to all of zeke’s supporters that claim he’s the best because he’s won two rushing titles

How can you argue something without looking up what you’re claiming? If you want to be specific, there’s one top 5 drafted QB that has won a SB with the team that drafted him and another with a different team that drafted him. Both also won SB’s before that. C’mon now, you should be able to support your argument before posting it.

Again, you have no idea who else we could have drafted, that’s pure speculation. I’ll give you Thomas but obviously the others were good enough to go in the first round and most were positions of need and not as easily expendable as RB’s.

It’s mind blowing that you don’t think we would be and have been a better overall team with a pro bowl safety, corner, or interior d lineman AND Henry than just zeke.