Twitter: Jamal Adams - sellers remorse

Valkyr

Reaction score

tenor.gif

aria

Reaction score
Come on man we can talk football but you don't have to use your Zeke agenda in our arguments. ITs just going to have us talking in circles. On no planet is Zeke a bad pick. Sure Cowboys should've probably used that pick on a defensive player but he was not a dumb pick. He was suppose to help brittle Romo stay upright for a few more season than he did and was suppose to keep the defense off the field.

You gotta let Byron go. He would'v just been another overpaid/overrated guy on the payroll for people to complain about. They didn't get lucky with Cee Dee he fell. If it wasn't him it would've been Jeudy.
Sorry bud, there’s no agenda. If it was ANY RB I would say the same thing. I mentioned every pick by name over the past ~10 years, I can just not even acknowledge him next time if you’d like. You’re right though, he’s not a bad pick, he’s a horrible pick at #4 overall.

Call it what you will, they got lucky IMO. I wouldn’t really call them picking CD smart, they took the BPA, I would call it common sense. When our secondary keeps getting torched, letting “Byron go” will not only be more obvious as a mistake but will be harder to not acknowledge.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not regret it.

What I am worried about is not acquiring Earl Thomas for free but he must be in so kind of trouble behind the scenes to not be on a team right now.

kumizi

Reaction score
Seattle's coaching staff is smart enough to move him around and do different things vs different opponents. Our isn't so I doubt he has the same impact here.

JayFord

Reaction score
Seattle is in a much different position than Dallas is

Adams improves their chance to go to a super bowl...they already had a chance without him so they could justify giving up that much

Dallas cant afford to give up that much because we may have a chance at a Super Bowl with our current squad given if we can draft a good safety along with our current unit

but giving up multiple first, Zack Martin and possibly Gallup we would be no where near a superbowl....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sorry bud, there’s no agenda. If it was ANY RB I would say the same thing. I mentioned every pick by name over the past ~10 years, I can just not even acknowledge him next time if you’d like. You’re right though, he’s not a bad pick, he’s a horrible pick at #4 overall.

Call it what you will, they got lucky IMO. I wouldn’t really call them picking CD smart, they took the BPA, I would call it common sense. When our secondary keeps getting torched, letting “Byron go” will not only be more obvious as a mistake but will be harder to not acknowledge.
That was the point of my post though lol. Is when they got cute it failed them. Lamb wasn't a cute pick it was the most logical one. And when t hey do that it works. You just got off track with my point because you brought up Zeke.

luckyman76

Reaction score
After what it cost I don't even know why there is a thread any more about this issue. He's a Seahawk and they got fleeced for a very good player. Jets will screw it up anyway because they do Jet stuff.

aria

Reaction score
That was the point of my post though lol. Is when they got cute it failed them. Lamb wasn't a cute pick it was the most logical one. And when t hey do that it works. You just got off track with my point because you brought up Zeke.
I brought up zeke only because I was going through every draft pick they’ve had over the past decade, again, what do you want me to do, pretend he doesn’t exist? (that would be a dream come true).

Picking a RB in the top 5 overall or even top 10 is never logical, it’s dumb. How many RB’s picked in the top 5 overall have won Super Bowls with the team that drafted them? Furthermore, how many were mostly responsible for winning that Super Bowl, especially with the way the game is played today?

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is the best player in the league at his position and is not worth a first-round pick AND the contract because he doesn't impact the passing game.

You can ballyhoo all you want about garbage time, still holds.
What contract? He is playing on his rookie deal and hasn't complained.

You HOPE to come close to equaling a player like him in the first round.

Saying he isnt worth trading one for is ridiculous.

blueblood70

Reaction score

NICE ONE GAME on defense that gave up nearly 600yards and 25points..Seatle won more from the offense side not defense..

kudo for nice stat line but it didnt stop ATL from movign the ball much..like i said grade all players on 16 games lets talk about remorse after 16

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I brought up zeke only because I was going through every draft pick they’ve had over the past decade, again, what do you want me to do, pretend he doesn’t exist? (that would be a dream come true).

Picking a RB in the top 5 overall or even top 10 is never logical, it’s dumb. How many RB’s picked in the top 5 overall have won Super Bowls with the team that drafted them? Furthermore, how many were mostly responsible for winning that Super Bowl, especially with the way the game is played today?

This point is ridiuclous though and like I said last time if the Chiefs drafted Zeke would they not have won a ring?

And we know what the Zeke pick was about. We had Romo and we didn't have a running back. They picked the best one in the draft. Zeke kept the defense off the field and would've kept Romo clean. If you'd rather have Ramsey then fine but Ramsey too would've been a wasted pick had we let him go and traded him like the Jags had to do.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I also agree it seems picks are often overvalued
People are entertained by the draft and trading picks lessens that.

On the other hand, that's kind of like our Super Bowl since we never play past the divisional round, yet we draft so "well."

It just doesnt translate to wins because we have to have either puppet coaches or puppets in the making.

Jerry should just really coach the team himself already. This way there would be no questions as to who's ego would be graced with all the "credit."

I truly cant stand that man.

aria

Reaction score
This point is ridiuclous though and like I said last time if the Chiefs drafted Zeke would they not have won a ring?

And we know what the Zeke pick was about. We had Romo and we didn't have a running back. They picked the best one in the draft. Zeke kept the defense off the field and would've kept Romo clean. If you'd rather have Ramsey then fine but Ramsey too would've been a wasted pick had we let him go and traded him like the Jags had to do.
So instead of answering my question you’re just going to say it’s ridiculous. Great rebuttal. As far as the Chiefs drafting zeke, you could say that about any Super Bowl winning team, absurd. Instead, why don’t you tell me who the Chiefs did win the Super Bowl with a running back.

I’ll tell you who, a guy named Damien Williams, 7th year as a pro with a whopping 1200 yards during his CAREER! He had 17 carries for 104 yards with a long of 38 which zeke hasn’t sniffed in years. They now have a RB they drafted with the 32nd overall pick. Amazing how yet another Super Bowl team won with a no name RB and/or an old veteran RB. BTW, their opponent, the 49’ers, got to the SB with running back by committee. Amazing!

You have no idea how Ramsey would have turned out here or how zeke would have done with Romo. But hypothetically, Ramsey and his position have a lot more value than a RB. We also could have used Buckner, Neal, Clark, Chris Jones (KC pick), Howard, Michael Thomas and still picked up Henry in the 2nd. We could have vastly improved our defense and had a great RB with a smaller salary.

Wasted pick, wasted salary cap space. Feel free to answer my questions you continue to ignore about championship teams and running backs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Always ask: What would Belichick do?

He would not give up two 1st and a huge amount of cap space for a Safety and definitely not a Strong Safety.

He would trade away that type of player for those picks.

Patrick Chung was the starting SS for the Patriots in multiple Super Bowl winning seasons.
True, but BB gets the most out of every player.

jnday

Reaction score
The Cowboys DL was pushed 3-4 yards off the line of scrimmage by the Lambs OL. You do not need a S. You need DTs, and LBs. Those are not Jamal Adams' position.
But, but, but Hill has become great during practice.