Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle

Dre11

Reaction score
Too much, unless a team is just one player away. We are not.

lol...how many teams are ever 1 player away.. that's a silly excuse to not bring in 1 of the best defenders in the league...lol
You have to acquire good players to be in that position

Dre11

Reaction score
Yup. Some teams, like us, will forever refuse to do what it takes to get over the top. Lots of fans think like Jerry...want a Super Bowl, so long as it's cheap.

actually it's Stephen.

Dre11

Reaction score
On the surface the trade looks terrible. But when you consider they will most likely be two late first rounders and a 3rd round pick. No guarantee you're getting a player like that.

exactly.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
How far back to you want to go and please spare me the quarter century mark. In the past ten years they’ve been to two Super Bowls, won one of them and lost the other due to a horrible coaching call. IIRC, they’ve been to the playoffs 7 out of the past 10 years. In the past 5 years they’ve won 50 games, we’ve won 41. They did all of this with no first round pick for 4 out of the ten years and busts with late 1st round picks in the other.

I think most people would take their more recent record over ours.

That bad play call crushed them as much as that blown lead crushed the Falcons. Still haven't fully recovered and have been shipping 1st rounders ever since. Just making the playoff isn't winning is it? Maybe one or 2 of those 1st rounders puts them over the top had they used them correctly. An upgrade at safety and a massive chunk of the cap that hinders your ability to upgrade the rest of your team isn't putting you over the top. And they are one significant injury at QB from having just given up 2 top 10 picks. Saying they don't draft well with their premium picks isn't justification for giving up on them. If they are so good at drafting in the later rounds they would have been better off trading those picks for multiple picks and bolstering their depth at much smaller and more flexible cost.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
On the surface the trade looks terrible. But when you consider they will most likely be two late first rounders and a 3rd round pick. No guarantee you're getting a player like that.

Steelers have used late 1st round picks to get Minkah and TJ Watt recently. They used a 3rd to draft Emmanuel Sanders. That's the type of talent they just traded away.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You were the biggest supporter of making an Adams trade, but would agree this way too much to acquire him. If the Cowboys gave up this package, we would be calling for the Jones Family to step down.
Well I still want them to step down lol, but that price tag is outrageous. Probably a little past outrageous.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Tells you the Jets asked for an exorbitant price tag because they didn't actually want to trade him and the Seahawks bit anyway.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jamal Adams will want his contract extension at the end of this year as he will most likely holdout without it. He is going to be paid over 16 mil a year. Can anyone explain how the Cowboys will be able to pay him.

aria

Reaction score
That bad play call crushed them as much as that blown lead crushed the Falcons. Still haven't fully recovered and have been shipping 1st rounders ever since. Just making the playoff isn't winning is it? Maybe one or 2 of those 1st rounders puts them over the top had they used them correctly. An upgrade at safety and a massive chunk of the cap that hinders your ability to upgrade the rest of your team isn't putting you over the top. And they are one significant injury at QB from having just given up 2 top 10 picks. Saying they don't draft well with their premium picks isn't justification for giving up on them. If they are so good at drafting in the later rounds they would have been better off trading those picks for multiple picks and bolstering their depth at much smaller and more flexible cost.
A lot of this is true but there’e no guess work with the trade, they just got the best safety in the game. Even if they drafted well in the first, the chances of getting a player of his caliber is slim to none. As you mentioned, for whatever reason they typically pick better in later rounds so this isn’t nearly as bad as people make it seem.

aria

Reaction score
Jamal Adams will want his contract extension at the end of this year. He is not going into next season without a contract extension. He is going to be paid over 16 mil a year. Can anyone explain how the Cowboys will be able to pay him.
If they weren’t dumb enough to cave to zeke, that would have been a start. Cut crawford, jaylon was paid too early IMO. But as for now, yeah, I would think it would be tough.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol, a player, 2 1sts, and you have to pay him $15m + per? For a SS?

Seattle got fleeced.

Not only that, Seattle drafted safety Marquise Blair in the 2nd round last year as well. So when you add everything up, they gave up 2 1st rounders, spent a 2nd round draft pick for a player that will now be a backup, along with a 3rd rounder and McDougald, for Adams and a 4th.

Now they have to try and pay him too? Yikes!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well I still want them to step down lol, but that price tag is outrageous. Probably a little past outrageous.

Safety is certainly a future need, but believe the position this coming year is much better then many realize. On top of this, the new scheme will not use the position in a traditional sense, more like corners playing over the top coverage, rather then adding a safety down inside the box.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Not only that, Seattle drafted safety Marquise Blair in the 2nd round last year as well. So when you add everything up, they gave up 2 1st rounders, spent a 2nd round draft pick for a player that will now be a backup, along with a 3rd rounder and McDougald, for Adams and a 4th.

Now they have to try and pay him too? Yikes!

If you told me Jerry Jones didn't make a trade this stupid, I wouldn't believe you.

Swagger

Reaction score
Not really a fair comparison being that Seattle picked 27th and 29th the last two years. Ask their fans if they would trade Jordyn Brooks and Collier for Adams and you will get a different answer.

People want to make fun of the trade but they’re the ones that keep winning, not us. This isn’t nearly as bad as some people make it.

True as their first round picks will likely be anywhere between 24-32 over the next two seasons so almost early second rounders.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wow too much picks...for a S?!?
Not even a critical position. And we have people here saying we can’t get two firsts for Dak?
I’d ask for 3 after seeing this trade two for a safety!

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I won't lie, I wanted Adams but not for 2 1st round picks. Unless it's a guaranteed SB this season, which it won't be. But yeah, he will ball out in Seattle, and they will be great next year.