Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
As I said about zeke, he’s very good but no RB is worth that high of a pick. Even you mentioned several other players we could have had and that’s on top of Henry.

LVE...jury is out on him. As I said great first year but the way he played last year and his injury is a legitimate reason for concern.

We definitely got lucky with Lamb, at least I hope so.

I know you don't like Zeke and your point is very valid that RB's are one of the positions that the drop off between good enough and great is just not that big.... but he is here and god I hope this new coaching staff can figure out how to use him better....Garretts crew just used him more not better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't think the seahawks defense is talented now? In their secondary they have jamal adams, Quandre diggs, Quinton Dunbar and Shaquill griffin. that is pretty damn good. Add Kj wright and Bobby Wagner and Pete Carrol and Ken norton are going to have one of the leagues best defenses.

They did a good job improving their O-Line last year, added a number 1 rb and found a number 1 wr. The seahawks will be a super bowl contender for the next few years. They played sf really well last year and split with them. They were 11-5 and should have beat green bay in the divisional round they got robbed when GB wasn't called for an obvious hold on the game winning first down.

I think defensively they are good. I'm not doubting that. But would I have invested two 1st rounders and a 3rd in Adams? No. Teams have shown you can find a strong safety all throughout the draft or and free agency and contend.

And I don't know about the Seahawks contending. I don't know about that at all. NFC West has 4 teams fighting for a championship. At BEST 3 of them can make it and I see no reason to believe why the Cardinals can't with that offense going into next year we will see but we know they will beat each other up all year like they usually do.

cern

Reaction score
I know you don't like Zeke and your point is very valid that RB's are one of the positions that the drop off between good enough and great is just not that big.... but he is here and god I hope this new coaching staff can figure out how to use him better....Garretts crew just used him more not better.
garrett and co. used him in a most predictable way. that was the problem.

Reactions: CWR

cern

Reaction score
Two 1sts and a 3rd for two cheap years of Adams' contract. Yowza.

Now this trade might have more value to Seattle than to other teams, because they chronically blow 1st round picks anyway, but that is stupid expensive.
two cheap years????? his entire tantrum was based on wanting more money. no way he won't want more with seattle.

fivetwos

Reaction score
two cheap years????? his entire tantrum was based on wanting more money. no way he won't want more with seattle.
Right, but even that aside, I still cant get over the price.

Was skimming over Seattle boards to see reactions.

9 out of 10 are trying to justify it by trying to claim that draft picks are worthless the next couple years due to the world situation.

Amazing what some people will tell themselves whe they want to believe something.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'll rarely defend Elliott but I cant argue against that.

Also, the OL hasnt been as great as its cracked up to be as far as run blocking the last few years.

Reactions: CWR

cern

Reaction score
Right, but even that aside, I still cant get over the price.

Was skimming over Seattle boards to see reactions.

9 out of 10 are trying to justify it by trying to claim that draft picks are worthless the next couple years due to the world situation.

Amazing what some people will tell themselves whe they want to believe something.
i remember the seattle backfield rebellion a few years ago led by richard sherman over the fact they were jealous russell wilson got too much attention and money. wonder if the rabble rousing adams will start rebellion 2.0

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'll rarely defend Elliott but I cant argue against that.

Also, the OL hasnt been as great as its cracked up to be as far as run blocking the last few years.

I agree with that also but...not to beat a dead horse....coaching and scheme can also make that better, i don't care how good you are if the defense knows whats coming you are in trouble

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree with that also but...not to beat a dead horse....coaching and scheme can also make that better, i don't care how good you are if the defense knows whats coming you are in trouble

and my memory may be fading but how many 2nd and third drives should have started with a PA weak side screen and we may have seen one through out the season.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Agree, but there were several games were Zeke had 70 plus yards at halftime, then to come out in the 2nd half and turn it into the Dak throwing session and Zeke would not even finish with 80 yards for the game. Unbelievable but then again not with that coaching staff.

aria

Reaction score
You can't use the Cowboys because they are one of the best drafting teams in the 1st round in the league. Even if you foolishly eliminate Zeke......LVE came in day 1 as a starter. Zeke came in day 1 as a starter. They failed on Taco. Fair enough. But the rest of their guys are either perennial all pro players or pro bowl players. Let's let LVE play a 3rds season before we call him a bust. Its too early to tell on Lamb. You are being ridiculous for whatever reason.
Zeke was the 4th overall pick, other than a QB he better be a day one starter and it was dumb as hell to use that pick on a RB. LVE was a day one starter with known risks and it’s already came back to bite them, hopefully he pans out. Their best 1st rounders were the O line picks and Jones who they let walk and a lot of people like to discredit because he only shut down half the field without any picks.

I would even say Taco and zeke for Adams would have been well worth it but that’s assuming they took Henry or found another suitable RB in FA. Pretty much every analyst and fan outside of the Cowboys bubble mocks us for picking zeke as the 4th overall pick and paying him as much as we did.

Anyways bud, I think you and I have beat this horse to death so until next time :angry:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Agree, but there were several games were Zeke had 70 plus yards at halftime, then to come out in the 2nd half and turn it into the Dak throwing session and Zeke would not even finish with 80 yards for the game. Unbelievable but then again not with that coaching staff.

I mean arrett probably heard a real coach say get the lead and grind the clock....but the real coach was talking to another real coach with his back to Garrett so it came out ....grind the clock then try and get the lead.

aria

Reaction score
and why do you think they started throwing? Because his short runs that equated to 70 yards weren’t getting the job done and he sucked at converting in short yard situations. Running for 4.5 ypc but not being able to convert it to a first down when it matters doesn’t help much, several other RB’s in the league did a much better job.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
and why do you think they started throwing? Because his short runs that equated to 70 yards weren’t getting the job done and he sucked at converting in short yard situations. Running for 4.5 ypc but not being able to convert it to a first down when it matters doesn’t help much, several other RB’s in the league did a much better job.

Get out of here with that d-- garbage.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I will say I'm looking forward to seeing, even the much maligned guys around here, work within a system where the defense doesnt basically know what's coming.

Refusal the attempt to deceive the opponent couldnt have helped anyone.

I don't like Elliott at all, but we need him to be effective if we are to have any measure of success right now, and I'd like to see the staff get him the ball in some less predictable ways.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I will say I'm looking forward to seeing, even the much maligned guys around here, work within a system where the defense doesnt basically know what's coming.

Refusal the attempt to deceive the opponent couldnt have helped anyone.

I don't like Elliott at all, but we need him to be effective if we are to have any measure of success right now, and I'd like to see the staff get him the ball in some less predictable ways.

With the weapons we have on offenses anyone with a brain will scheme linebackers out of position for runs.... I think McCarthy is very excited about what he is working with.. just simple pistol formation with these players would put your linebackers in a bind