Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle

Xavier187

Reaction score
We are better drafters. So i say good rediance.
If we make a move I would look at one of the two OGs or one of the DEs.
We have to have a back up plan if Lawerance sits out

75boyz

Reaction score
That could be but we didn’t do any better with our last two late round picks then they did. I guess you could argue Cooper but when he only shows up in half the games and we only had him for a short time before his contract was up I don’t think it’s that big of a difference.

Their defense is what helped them be so successful in the past and it worked so why not try again? Wilson has Metcalf and a good RB and he could use O line help but IIRC a lot of that was due to injuries. Last year their offense was top 10 and their defense was bottom 10. They went three years without a first round draft pick and still competed in two Super Bowls during those years. You might not as well even count their other first round picks after that because they didn’t have another pick one year and the others were all busts yet they still made the playoffs almost every year.

They’ve been very competitive without a worthwhile or no 1st round picks for a decade and now they got the best safety in the league and are going two more years without a 1st rounder (most likely late) and suddenly they’re idiots, paid too much and are doomed? Based on the past ten years, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Plus I think a lot of people like to downplay how good he is only because we didn’t get him. Just like every other time we’re looking at a FA, he would be a game changer if he came here but once he goes somewhere else he wasn’t worth it and not all that. That includes are own guys who we let walk :rolleyes:

This. In spades.
Regardless of whether I agree, disagree or am neutral with any of your past post history, this post perfectly sums up how the Seattle organization has done business and fared far better than this clown show and it's reputation of hitting on first rounders(minus one or 2).

Again, outstanding post. What is seen as overpaying by one can just as easily be rationalized as the price of doing business by another if certain existing team conditions (ie having the right QB and coach)allow the perceived overpayment to occur.

coult44

Reaction score
With the cap likely to be a mess next couple years I think those picks will be more valuable than ever
And a season we don’t even know if it will happen doesn’t seem like an all in for years gamble is a smart move

I probably agree, but The Boyz don’t take risks anymore because they were burned in the past. However, the success won’t return until they take some risks again.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This. In spades.
Regardless of whether I agree, disagree or am neutral with any of your past post history, this post perfectly sums up how the Seattle organization has done business and fared far better than this clown show and it's reputation of hitting on first rounders(minus one or 2).

Again, outstanding post. What is seen as overpaying by one can just as easily be rationalized as the price of doing business by another if certain existing team conditions (ie having the right QB and coach)allow the perceived overpayment to occur.

Especially since that coach uses the Safety position as alot more than just a filler position

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Very interesting....did not know that.

And this is why nobody should be interested in him at that price. It's why a guy like Matthieu - who plays more than half his snaps at slot CB - is so much more valuable.

Everyone talks about Adams' sack numbers and all that, but that's entirely scheme dependent. I have no earthly idea why a team would covet that skillset from a DB

fivetwos

Reaction score
We are better drafters. So i say good rediance.
If we make a move I would look at one of the two OGs or one of the DEs.
We have to have a back up plan if Lawerance sits out
Oh Mr. Lawrence wont be forfeiting the game checks.

He just doesnt want to show up for camp.

He has what is deemed as a legit excuse, and I'm not saying it isnt, but be intends to take advantage of it.

Itll show on the field. Doesnt matter, he got his payday.

All I'm saying is if that didn't happen yet, I doubt he would be so eager to let his performance slack.

Everyone on every team has a loved one they dont want to put at risk, but that risk is fairly minimal with the protocols that are in place.

aria

Reaction score
I will say I'm looking forward to seeing, even the much maligned guys around here, work within a system where the defense doesnt basically know what's coming.

Refusal the attempt to deceive the opponent couldnt have helped anyone.

I don't like Elliott at all, but we need him to be effective if we are to have any measure of success right now, and I'd like to see the staff get him the ball in some less predictable ways.
The entire offense, and especially the ewok, should benefit from the addition of Lamb. I’m not even sure JG could screw this up.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Seattle almost threw in Pearl Jam and Candlebox, but the Jets wanted the 3rd rounder instead.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Your football knowledge is close to zero. Good job.

Another "WELL KNOWN MEMBER making a great assumption. It's you that don't no squat about football. All you WELL KNOWNers think you walk of turf, when the closest you ever got to the game was after school cleanup detention................. Leave the real football knowledge info to us "MEMBERS".

Lutonio

Reaction score
Dallas needs the picks because they’re not one safety away from winning.

Then again, I’m not sure Seattle is either. It’s not like they don’t need another receiver, a TE, or a non-injured RB. Wilson carries that offense, so maybe they’re just counting on more of that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Jets D was 7th last year.

Another "WELL KNOWN MEMBER" giving us their well known knowledge........ According to all the WELL KNOWNers Adams walks on water and if this is the case the Jet's D should of been off the charts with this big time baller. Adams is a loud over achiever who's not going to get Seattle to the promise land...........BOOK IT!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Sheer brilliance on display here.

Another "WELL KNOWN MEMBER" chirping in. You're light all the other WELL KNOWNers who thinks their FOOTBALL KNOWNLEDGE in off the charts, well I'm here to burst your bubble. Adams in one guy who the Hawks over paid for and now they're stuck with this loud mouth, over achiever who is only thinking about "SHOW ME THE MONEY". There is a reason why the word "TEAM" is associated with football. You do remember that there are 11 guys on D?????? Unfortunately for Seattle they're going to pay heavily for this move...............BOOK IT!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Oh well. They gave up the farm to get him. Kinda glad we didn’t do that tbh.

Great. Now can we stop talking about something Jerry Jones will not do. With the possibility of Awuzie moving to S (who played the position in college and would be his best position), you have the following at S:

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
27 S 27 6' 1" 211 lbs 7 Alabama

Luther Kirk
S 23 6' 2" 195 lbs R Illinois State

Darian Thompson
23 S 26 6' 2" 211 lbs 5 Boise State

Donovan Wilson
37 S 25 6' 0" 204 lbs 2 Texas A&M

Xavier Woods
25 S 24 5' 11" 202 lbs 4 Louisiana Tech
There was not need or room for Adams with the signing of Dix, and other Safeties on the roster. Cowboys need a front 7that has reliable and available starters and depth. The secondary is not a major concern. DL and LB are more important at this time than S.

aria

Reaction score
Another "WELL KNOWN MEMBER" chirping in. You're light all the other WELL KNOWNers who thinks their FOOTBALL KNOWNLEDGE in off the charts, well I'm here to burst your bubble. Adams in one guy who the Hawks over paid for and now they're stuck with this loud mouth, over achiever who is only thinking about "SHOW ME THE MONEY". There is a reason why the word "TEAM" is associated with football. You do remember that there are 11 guys on D?????? Unfortunately for Seattle they're going to pay heavily for this move...............BOOK IT!
Huh, sounds a lot like this teams most over rated and overpaid yet favorite player :huh:

I’ll trust Seattle’s FO over this one any day.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Zeke was picked for Romo, period. He wasn’t drafted for Dak. They wasted the SB window and maximizing Zeke’s career in reality..

Maybe I'm missing your point, so to be clear ae you saying that they should've played Romo with a broken back or that they passed on a bunch of other qualified pro Bowl qb's they COULD'VE drafted other than Dack?