Signed by Cowboys Jameill Showers experiment over. EDIT: resigned to PS

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Kind of sad...the guy did everything the team asked him to do maybe to the peril of his own career.

He should've stayed a QB...would've had a much better shot at making the team.
He would have been cut a long time ago if he didn't accept the Cowboys offer to retain him if he switched positions. Here is how you comment should read... "He should've stayed a QB...would've had a better shot to make a different team."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rather keep showers over Moore. Hes versitile and trying to play any position to make it. Hes hungry and loves football. Meanwhile Moore only has the qb option and he sucks.
:rolleyes: Your eyes deceive you. Did you even bother to ask Moore if he would switch positions to stay onboard and has he been given that option and if so how did he do? You don't have those answers. You just spout uninformed opinions. You don't know how hunger Moore is. The only thing you have to base anything you said in the realm of factual relevance is the lack of opportunities that Moore has been offered in a non-QB role to remain on this team in some capacity. When Moore and Showers competed head to head... Moore won. Ignore that and look ridiculous.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he was put back on PS later in the season, like in about 3 or 4 weeks

Pants

Reaction score
Garrett: "Hey Jameill, time to hit the showers, you're out."

robjay04

Reaction score
He would have been cut a long time ago if he didn't accept the Cowboys offer to retain him if he switched positions. Here is how you comment should read... "He should've stayed a QB...would've had a better shot to make a different team."

You're probably right.

In retrospect, if the team never asked him to switch from quarterback he would've had a better shot of making the team this year if he continued to progress. He would've been competing with Moore, returning from an injury and an UDFA for 1-2 spots instead of several draft picks and veterans for essentially two spots.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're probably right.

In retrospect, if the team never asked him to switch from quarterback he would've had a better shot of making the team this year if he continued to progress. He would've been competing with Moore, returning from an injury and an UDFA for 1-2 spots instead of several draft picks and veterans for essentially two spots.
For what it's worth... Showers>Moore IMO. :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Showers is/was a feel good story but the fact it players like him are a dime a dozen.

Swanny

Reaction score
Kind of sad...the guy did everything the team asked him to do maybe to the peril of his own career.

He should've stayed a QB...would've had a much better shot at making the team.
I feel bad for guys like him. It would be nice if it were possible to keep guys like this employed just because he helps your team. He may not be talented enough to make a roster (or practice squad) but he's a good guy to have around to help prepare your your team each week. Like a career minor league player. They make a decent living playing baseball in the minors. I wish nothing but the best to this guy.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If we don't think he'll make it with us, then we should release the player so that perhaps another team can find a place for him.

They did Lucky Whitehead more of a favor by releasing him at the beginning of camps opening -- allowed him to find a job early in the practice cycle.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I feel bad for guys like him. It would be nice if it were possible to keep guys like this employed just because he helps your team. He may not be talented enough to make a roster (or practice squad) but he's a good guy to have around to help prepare your your team each week. Like a career minor league player. They make a decent living playing baseball in the minors. I wish nothing but the best to this guy.

I wonder if teams would get in trouble by having guys like him hired as "training staff" or "assistant coaches" who get out there in shorts and cleats and run plays as the scout QB, etc.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If anything they hold on to guys like Showers too long just out of loyalty when they should be bringing in guys who really have a chance to help the team. I understand it but you should know sooner if a guy is going to be the real deal in the NFL....

Don't agree, he truly made progress at safety.....not NFL calibre quite yet but I am not doubting him.

John813

Reaction score
Didn't we cut him from the PS in the past?

It may just be a temporary cut while Williams is nicked up.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Showers got farther, but he still always kind of, for some reason, reminded me of other experiments gone awry by the Cowboys, can't seem to think of them at the moment though .... *cough* SKYLER GREEN *cough* ... sure it will come to me though

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Your eyes deceive you. Did you even bother to ask Moore if he would switch positions to stay onboard and has he been given that option and if so how did he do? You don't have those answers. You just spout uninformed opinions. You don't know how hunger Moore is. The only thing you have to base anything you said in the realm of factual relevance is the lack of opportunities that Moore has been offered in a non-QB role to remain on this team in some capacity. When Moore and Showers competed head to head... Moore won. Ignore that and look ridiculous.

Moore is not athletic enough to play anything. That's obvious.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Moore is not athletic enough to play anything. That's obvious.
He was athletic enough to excel at football in high school and college and get paid NFL money on the Cowboys 53 man roster. Did you do that? What makes you know so much to say such a thing?

timb2

Reaction score
Rather keep showers over Moore. Hes versitile and trying to play any position to make it. Hes hungry and loves football. Meanwhile Moore only has the qb option and he sucks.
I agree!! Showers over that midget Moore. Showers is more like Dak and the offense doesn't have to change it's gameplan like when for Frodo the Hobbit(Moore)has to come in to play.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He was athletic enough to excel at football in high school and college and get paid NFL money on the Cowboys 53 man roster. Did you do that? What makes you know so much to say such a thing?

You can tell hes not that athletic enough to play other positions by watching him play.