Signed by Cowboys Jameill Showers experiment over. EDIT: resigned to PS

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You can tell hes not that athletic enough to play other positions by watching him play.
Oh you can just tell. Are you a scout gifted with the keen eye? Kellen Moore don't pass your eye test? LOL, Okay then. :p

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Figured it would come to this but I wouldn't completely write him off. He's liable to be back either here or elsewhere. He has the talent he just needs time in grade.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Oh you can just tell. Are you a scout gifted with the keen eye? Kellen Moore don't pass your eye test? LOL, Okay then. :p

Lol there's a difference between being an athlete and a versatile athlete is what I'm saying.

conner01

Reaction score
If anything they hold on to guys like Showers too long just out of loyalty when they should be bringing in guys who really have a chance to help the team. I understand it but you should know sooner if a guy is going to be the real deal in the NFL....
If teams knew sooner most PS players wouldn't end up out of the league
It takes time to develope players and most that end up on PS are there because they need lots of time to develope

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol there's a difference between being an athlete and a versatile athlete is what I'm saying.
But you aren't telling me anything that tells me why Kellen Moore isn't a versatile athlete. IMO, he's pretty fly for a white guy. Moore holds the unofficial all-time record for wins by a starting quarterback in NCAA Division I FBS with a 50–3 (.943) record. You don't do that by just being average athletically.

Growing up as a coach's kid he grew up with football on the brain drawing up plays and actually has a knack for it now. He will be a coach in the NFL some day and IMO is the real reason Linehan keeps him around.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
But you aren't telling me anything that tells me why Kellen Moore isn't a versatile athlete. IMO, he's pretty fly for a white guy. Moore holds the unofficial all-time record for wins by a starting quarterback in NCAA Division I FBS with a 50–3 (.943) record. You don't do that by just being average athletically.

Growing up as a coach's kid he grew up with football on the brain drawing up plays and actually has a knack for it now. He will be a coach in the NFL some day and IMO is the real reason Linehan keeps him around.

I can't see him playing defense or basketball. I could be wrong but he doesn't seem like the type to me.

stiletto

Reaction score
If teams knew sooner most PS players wouldn't end up out of the league
It takes time to develope players and most that end up on PS are there because they need lots of time to develope

How many years though? At some point I would think they know. If you draft a guy as a QB and convert him to safety I just think that is ridiculous. Why not bring in a guy that was a real safety to develop?

conner01

Reaction score
How many years though? At some point I would think they know. If you draft a guy as a QB and convert him to safety I just think that is ridiculous. Why not bring in a guy that was a real safety to develop?
appearantly two years is what it took
It's not like he's been here forever

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it's a free look and he functioned as the scout QB on weeks they were facing an athletic QB.

Also, there are only so many people in the world with the athletic ability to play in the NFL. Most college Safeties don't have that level of athletic ability.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We can try to arrange a game of one on one Bball if you are game.

In be surprised if he could beat me or outplay me in any position in any contact sport. Even now, let alone when i was younger and in shape but i wasnt a average joe. Obviously besides qb.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In be surprised if he could beat me or outplay me in any position in any contact sport. Even now, let alone when i was younger and in shape but i wasnt a average joe. Obviously besides qb.
It's obviously unlikely we are going to get a one on one Bball game arranged between you and Kellen Moore, but the suggestion has served my purpose of discerning the degree of hubris that is involved in your statements. Thanks for playing. :D

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's obviously unlikely we are going to get a one on one Bball game arranged between you and Kellen Moore, but the suggestion has served my purpose of discerning the degree of hubris that is involved in your statements. Thanks for playing. :D

Well that's obvious but like I said I'm not a normal guy.