James Caseys highlight vid

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just by looking at this vid I get the idea that this is EXACTLY what Pro Scouts want Tim Tebow to do at the next level.

This is a quick footed guy. He's some kind of Hybrid TE/FB/WR/QB.

[youtube]F2GlcwpWR9M[/youtube]

Very interesting looking player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
headhunterroy05;2739903 said:
He mainly play FB for us?

I think they want him to be a swiss army knife for us and do a little of everything.

Play QB in the wildcat, Fullback, H-back some like Cooley(screw Cooley BTW), and motion into the slot to be a receiver.

I heard the guy can return punts too.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
We've heard Pat White's name, the kid from A&M and now this kid, all of whom can run the wildcat. Either Jerry and Co. are blowing smoke or they fully intend on bringing in a kid that can run the cat. Personally, i think they are gonna run it this year.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Meh. Garrett needs to learn how to get everyone involved first, then we can take a look at a guy like this down the road. Martellus,Witten,Roy,Austin and three legit RB's need to be utilized. I'm not sure where a guy like Casey fits into things. If he's available in the 4th-5th(doubt it) then ya go head and try it.

RamziD

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2739925 said:
Meh. Garrett needs to learn how to get everyone involved first, then we can take a look at a guy like this down the road. Martellus,Witten,Roy,Austin and three legit RB's need to be utilized. I'm not sure where a guy like Casey fits into things. If he's available in the 4th-5th(doubt it) then ya go head and try it.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Garrett's going to have to work double overtime to figure out how to work in all these players into our offense effectively.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They're going to work him out tomorrow.

I could definetely see this guy in our offense being another Romo friendly weapon.

Plus they want to try the Wildcat.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I am not hating, but we do know these highlights are not against the Eagles, Giants and Skins right?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Jeez, you are one wishy-washy cat. You say one thing in one thread and something completely different on another.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2739942 said:
I am not hating, but we do know these highlights are not against the Eagles, Giants and Skins right?

Nope and you won't find anyone in this entire draft with those kind of highlights either.

He definetely looks to have nice hands and quick footed as well.

Dallas is working him out in houston tomorrow too.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2739952 said:
Jeez, you are one wishy-washy cat. You say one thing in one thread and something completely different on another.

Dude, get off my nuts..I know it's hard for you but please don't respond to any of my posts anymore. And I'll do the same Ok?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This is nothing against Casey but is there any harder offense to analyze a guys skills set then that of the spread? I love watching it, I hate trying to scout a guy running it.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

"...down the road"??? I must have not read this right the first time. Do you honestly believe that players with Casey's production and versatility are available every draft???

Casey would fill 4 obvious Cowboys' needs: QB (3rd string), Wildcat QB, FB & Slot receiver.

Most drafts would require FOUR different players/picks to fill those needs, Casey fills all those needs in one fell swoop. Jerry knows these type of players do not come along very often, and he knows a bargain when he sees it, even if at 69.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rush 2112;2740107 said:
What makes anyone think Casey can play FB?

Has anyone seen him lead block?

Because thats the position Dallas scouts are projecting him at.

We're working him out today too.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
CATCH17;2740189 said:
Because thats the position Dallas scouts are projecting him at.

We're working him out today too.

How do you know where they are projecting him?

Which scout did you speak with?

How many times have you seen him lead block?

How many times has anyone seen him lead block for that matter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rush 2112;2740197 said:
How do you know where they are projecting him?

Which scout did you speak with?

How many times have you seen him lead block?

How many times has anyone seen him lead block for that matter.

That is just what is being reported and its not like Valley Ranch doesn't have 10 million leaks these days.