James Washington Will Light it Up as a Cowboy

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think this guy just fits in well with Cee Dee and the rest of the guys, especially Dak. I also think this guy was underrated at Pittsburgh simply because he didn't get enough playing time behind all those receivers.

He's got big play ability and also plays pretty steady. Shifty guy with good hands. Won't have a lot of drops.

Really think he was an underrated pick up, especially when I look at the rest of the guys we drafted.

Washington was a 2nd round pick, afterall.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this guy just fits in well with Cee Dee and the rest of the guys, especially Dak. I also think this guy was underrated at Pittsburg simply because he didn't get enough playing time behind all those receivers.

He's got big play ability and also plays pretty steady. Shifty guy with good hands. Won't have a lot of drops.

Really think he was an underrated pick up, especially when I look at the rest of the guys we drafted.

I hope so, it'll shut up a bunch of people, if he does. I have a feeling that a rookie or bench warmer will step up......

cowboyec

Reaction score
agree.
big fan of his game.
as an ou fan...very familiar with him at osu.
glad we don't have to play him anymore.
good player.
strong hands.
strong...period.
change of scenery will do him well.
he just needs opportunities...he'll get that here.
glad we got him.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think this guy just fits in well with Cee Dee and the rest of the guys, especially Dak. I also think this guy was underrated at Pittsburgh simply because he didn't get enough playing time behind all those receivers.

ive said this since they got him. Deceptively quick, tough, goes up for balls. I think he can be a really tough matchup once everyone is healthy

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Well, one day it is Simi the next Tolbert the next day Washington.
Good lad, there are just a limited number of WR spots.:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
agree.
big fan of his game.
as an ou fan...very familiar with him at osu.
glad we don't have to play him anymore.
good player.
strong hands.
strong...period.
change of scenery will do him well.
he just needs opportunities...he'll get that here.
glad we got him.

Sooner Boomer!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Maybe we'll get lucky with him like we did with Kearse, but there is a reason why he could only find a one-year, $1.187 million offer. Most of the time in this league, you get what you pay for. I hope that's not the case, but at this point with this team, I'll believe it when I see it. Finding superstar talent at a bargain takes a lot of luck.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Great Character guy. His family lives down the road from us in Texas. He has gifts. In the right scheme, he can ball. We shall see. He needs reps as a number 2 guy in order to really see what he can be. That was a big issue in Pittsburgh. Not sure he ever fit in. The issue we have is lack of speed at wr. Can he be that? I think he can. We will need 2 be patient with him. He is actually kinda built like a RB. I seen him up close when my kids Highschool played Stamford twice a year. His strength is in his trunk...his base. Like a rb. If we can use him like a rb at times he can help us. He isnt a slot wr. Thats not his forte.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Need to see it first.
He will have the opportunity that's for sure....

jaybird

Reaction score

i dont see it, but hope you’re right.

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe we'll get lucky with him like we did with Kearse, but there is a reason why he could only find a one-year, $1.187 million offer. Most of the time in this league, you get what you pay for. I hope that's not the case, but at this point with this team, I'll believe it when I see it. Finding superstar talent at a bargain takes a lot of luck.

Talent, opportunity, and system all factor in. He may have the talent and lacked the others. It's not uncommon for a young unproven FA to shine after a fresh start.

You rarely get what you pay for. Most of the time, you pay for past production.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping for the best for James Washington, whether or not, he finds greater success with the Cowboys than he did with Pittsburgh. Oftentimes, a new change of scenery and the environment has a pleasing effect upon a player from a different team. Of course, whether James enjoys that benefit or not remains to be seen. His chances will come in practice, training camp and the upcoming season. Let's just wish him good luck, in the meantime. I feel encouraged that he's had considerable experience with a good team. That usually helps. He'll likely provide good depth, if nothing else.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That reason is the genius of Jerry and the FO. Great job by them. :thumbup::flagwave::clap:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many fans on here actually seen him play other than a few games or plays here and there?

I watch a lot of the AFCN games, and remember him making a lot of plays, whenever Big Ben was healthy enough to get the ball to his WR's, accurately.

Washington will be a very good role player, for what is is expected to do. I can see it already, if he does not make 80 receptions and 1000 yards in limited play, our stupid fans will turn on him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Great Character guy. His family lives down the road from us in Texas. He has gifts. In the right scheme, he can ball. We shall see. He needs reps as a number 2 guy in order to really see what he can be. That was a big issue in Pittsburgh. Not sure he ever fit in. The issue we have is lack of speed at wr. Can he be that? I think he can. We will need 2 be patient with him. He is actually kinda built like a RB. I seen him up close when my kids Highschool played Stamford twice a year. His strength is in his trunk...his base. Like a rb. If we can use him like a rb at times he can help us. He isnt a slot wr. Thats not his forte.
yeah he seemed to be down to earth guy, so will be rooting for him to do good.
but if he does too good and steals lambs limelight, jerry will cut his snaps to 2 a game.:omg: