James Washington Will Light it Up as a Cowboy

blueblood70

Reaction score
CD is a 1, agreed, but not the 1 that I would want to build a potential dominating offense around.
Hope that CD is ready to take on that role, but not sure that he can.
we will find out soon.. no way to debate this until we see him as the primary this season once gallup comes back etc..if hes used correctly i dont see why but what nfl teams do that today? the WR groups are now a unit, you seldom find team with one target that they build around...far too easy to take out one target that you know that team is going to feed all game vs a great group of Wrs..

If this were the case why would Hopkins, adams, AJ, and hill be traded away, many more but those are recent, i mean their importance seems to be questioned when you see teams let elite talent wall. Which teams are correct those that are willing to give u the farm with high draft picks and cash or those that believe they can do it with a group and o=One very good #1 vs elite eating up money?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"James Washington Will Light it Up as a Cowboy"
Lol. I don't see that happening at all. Gallup, of course, has been largely used as a deep threat in Dallas, so Washington may be seen as a placeholder for Gallup while he recovers.

Washington, as in Pittsburgh, will remain #3 receiver w/Dallas as well.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
"James Washington Will Light it Up as a Cowboy"
Lol. I don't see that happening at all. Gallup, of course, has been largely used as a deep threat in Dallas, so Washington may be seen as a placeholder for Gallup while he recovers.

Washington, as in Pittsburgh, will remain #3 receiver w/Dallas as well.

I can see that, too. I'm expecting Lamb, Tolbert, Schultz & Co. to get the lions share of reps, while James Washington awaits on pine.

Once Gallup returns, Washington is liable to get about the same amount of action that he saw with Pittsburgh. I feel we'll do well, tho.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Would be nice to have him already implemented and participating in these camps.

Will be worrisome if JW is missing camp reps and practices with same or various issues.
He's new to this offense and this QB. It's key important.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think this guy just fits in well with Cee Dee and the rest of the guys, especially Dak. I also think this guy was underrated at Pittsburgh simply because he didn't get enough playing time behind all those receivers.

He's got big play ability and also plays pretty steady. Shifty guy with good hands. Won't have a lot of drops.

Really think he was an underrated pick up, especially when I look at the rest of the guys we drafted.

Washington was a 2nd round pick, afterall.

Maybe. What's your definition for "light it up" exactly?

Ideally Gallup is back by Week 5 and Lamb/Gallup/Tolbert are your top 3 WRs going forward. Obviously Schultz and Pollard will also get a lot of targets...

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if JW will make the team because idk if he plays STs. A 4th WR who doesn't play STs seems unCowboys like.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if JW will make the team because idk if he plays STs. A 4th WR who doesn't play STs seems unCowboys like.

You may be right. But I think he'll make it for at least as long as Gallup is out.

I would also suspect he'd be willing to play special teams, but it's hard to say. I think he finds a role though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope they all step up. I hope wash, tolbert, fehoko, Lamb, gallup when healthy are all on fire. But that is usually not reality. The reality is normally all hype and little substance around here. All the different things they plan to do with pollard and then do none or very very little is the status quo. This offensive staff is mostly the same so i doubt much has actually changed but we will see when they are actually in a game if the plays are called differently or more of the same.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Washington will either produce or light it up bringing you to your seat in the movie theater.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If he can't throw a football then he can't be our Cid Wilson this year. Did you forget about Wilson doing that for us?

No, but if we're looking for a player similar to Wilson, it's Roberson. Not sure he can throw as well as Wilson, but he can probably run some of those similar type routes that Wilson ran for us.

I can just see guys like Washington fitting in well with Dak. He seems Dak-friendly, if there is such a thing.

I think Wilson had that, too, though. Anyway, we have to make up for Cooper's loss of production. I think we can do that with a number of guys, by committee.

I know there is only one football to go around. But if Gallup is out for, say, 8 games, I think a guy like Washington can step it up and earn a role with the team.