Jamie Dukes says Romo is a coach killer

Dcz84

Reaction score
5Countem5;2525715 said:
I agree. I'd take Romo after Brady and Peyton...easy.
You would take a big game egg layer over 5 super bowl rings? Wow what has happened to the fan base of the Dallas Cowboys where shattering records is now just good enough.:banghead:

The Panch

Reaction score
Dcz84;2526791 said:
You would take a big game egg layer over 5 super bowl rings? Wow what has happened to the fan base of the Dallas Cowboys where shattering records is now just good enough.:banghead:
He said AFTER and I think you mean 4.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
MONT17;2526748 said:
You wouldnt say that about a TRUE LEADER!
You're right! If one was a true leader then how could I? But I am willing to be patient with Romo. I dang sure don't want to go back to the Testaverde's, Bledsoe's, Henson's or Carter's as our quarterback. One thing that makes me think he does have some good leadership characteristics is the way he handles T.O. Romo hasn't got too caught up in his storm mixed with the media like McNabb did. I think Romo handles T.O. the best he can be handled from a QB's standpoint.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dcz84;2526791 said:

Try reading the post...

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...coach killer.

For a portion of the year you display all star results. The rest of the year you bring significantly less.

It's obvious that this is a QB league. The errors of a QB are magnified so much more than any other player on the field with the exception of a kicker in the last few seconds of a game within his scoring range.

This league also defines it stars to a certain extent by their playoff results. How else can you explain some of the Steelers getting into the Hall of Fame with their regular season stats.

For coaches they are defined by their abilities to lead a team to the playoffs.

There have been a number of coach killing QBs that I have seen in my time of watching the NFL. John Elway was one during his early years. Another one that comes to mind is Jeff George.

We are looking for players in high profile positions who on one play tease you with greatness and on another make you want to throw the remote at a TV. After doing this for a few seasons fans, GMs and owners alike begin to tire and typically the coach has his head roll.

Is this Romo???

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
To the OP:

Thanks for giving the Romo/Team-Haters around here another term to use to complain about Romo's play. Really, thanks a ton. :bang2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2525645 said:
Tony Romo isn't a Coach Killer.

There's actually another guy on our roster that fits that description alot more than Tony Romo.

And of course the guy is living out his fantasies, most NFL players and highly successful people tend to do that.

Until proof can be offered that his personal life is affecting his professional career, it is pure speculation.

I'm not ready to give up on a guy that has only started for a little over 2 NFL Seasons.

Unfortunately... Favre is a the real coach killer. While Romo is not there yet... he could eventually(being mini-Favre and all). Currently I dont agree with it nor do I see it(with Romo).

TexasBecky

Benched
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys Team has no spirit.

After each set of downs they just run over to the bench & sit down. I was @ the Ravens VS Cowboys in WK #16 2008 & the players & team seemed so flat.

The fans were cheering & saying defense & the stadium was soooo loud & boom --- the let two Ravens runninbacks run for 2 TD's. What is up with that:banghead:

The main reason I was @ the game was to see Referee Ed Hochuli!

Looks like NFL Network this morning(Sunday) say Dallas is done. MMMMMMMMMMM with no team spirit -- they just might as well be.

Tex

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TexasBecky;2526996 said:
The Dallas Cowboys Team has no spirit.

I have seen TOO MANY displays of TEAM UNITY and TEAM CELEBRATION to believe that.

I dont believe that to be the case at all.

bysbox1

Reaction score
casmith07;2526874 said:
To the OP:

Thanks for giving the Romo/Team-Haters around here another term to use to complain about Romo's play. Really, thanks a ton. :bang2:

We don't really need another term. All you had to do was turn on the TV and watch today's game. Romo gave enough excuses during the game to complain about his play.