Video: Jane Slater on The Cowherd

Eanwen

Reaction score
Not a lot of new information but I really enjoyed listening. Bullet points:
1. She doesn't think Zeke will hold out.
2. She doesn't think Garrett's job is in serious jeopardy (he's on a "lukewarm seat")
3. Optimism is high for both Moore and Kitna; thinks Dak has gotten significantly better re: mechanics.
4. Thinks there's no hard feelings between Tony and Dak but they aren't close friends because of age diff.
5. Thinks both Dak and Garrett have the confidence of the locker room.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think its tough to say that Garrett is on a lukewarm seat given his contract situation. Sure, Jerry has let Garrett coach the last year of his contract before but Garrett went 12-4 and won the East and lost in GB in a tough game in the playoffs. So in that sense, 5 years in, Jerry was willing to just then re-up him. I'll go even a bit further. If this team had gone 8-8 or even 9-7 in 2014 and missed the playoffs again............ Garrett would not have gotten an extension.

The dynamic is different now. The team hasn't really progressed beyond where they were in 2014 (they still have yet to figure out how to get beyond the divisional round). If Jerry was completely happy with where Garrett was, I suspect an extension would have been in the works. Jerry, IMO, is putting a lot of stock in this season. If Garrett misses the playoffs again, for example, there's no way Jerry can think he can sell Garrett getting an extension to his fanbase.

So while I wouldnt' say Garrett is on a blazing hot seat here, his pants are way warmer than "lukewarm" IMO.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think its tough to say that Garrett is on a lukewarm seat given his contract situation. Sure, Jerry has let Garrett coach the last year of his contract before but Garrett went 12-4 and won the East and lost in GB in a tough game in the playoffs. So in that sense, 5 years in, Jerry was willing to just then re-up him. I'll go even a bit further. If this team had gone 8-8 or even 9-7 in 2014 and missed the playoffs again............ Garrett would not have gotten an extension.

The dynamic is different now. The team hasn't really progressed beyond where they were in 2014 (they still have yet to figure out how to get beyond the divisional round). If Jerry was completely happy with where Garrett was, I suspect an extension would have been in the works. Jerry, IMO, is putting a lot of stock in this season. If Garrett misses the playoffs again, for example, there's no way Jerry can think he can sell Garrett getting an extension to his fanbase.

So while I wouldnt' say Garrett is on a blazing hot seat here, his pants are way warmer than "lukewarm" IMO.

I truly think that it is NFC title game appearance or bust for Garret. Barring some crazy circumstances.

I don’t know if that’s considered a super hot seat or not.

If the team stays relatively healthy and doesn’t make it past the divisional round. I think he is done.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She looks alot better naturally than dolled up.

Last year she hosted a local show in Dallas area, I think from the house of blues. Where she had on a Dallas player. A sit down interview, talk show. More about the players as opposed to the team

She was dressed casual and naturally looked fantastic.
She also did a fantastic job on the show as expected. A true professional at her job.

They aired it on the CBS sister station here locally, channel 21 at 9:00 pr maybe it was 9:30 AM Sunday mornings. During the season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I totally agree. But it's a pointless debate at this point because it all depends on what ultimately happens this season.

Until then, people can believe whatever they choose to believe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly think that it is NFC title game appearance or bust for Garret. Barring some crazy circumstances.

I don’t know if that’s considered a super hot seat or not.

If the team stays relatively healthy and doesn’t make it past the divisional round. I think he is done.

I feel the same way. And I call that accountability.