Video: Jane Slater on The Cowherd

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She really does have a great sense of the team and what is going on there in Dallas.

Sees everything about like I would expect it to be.

Pretty much. If you pay attention and are not a twelve year old boy, this stuff is pretty obvious.

But she’s also just good at her job.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow, she's pretty sharp.

She surely is! She's also privy to being in contact w\those in the know on the Dallas staff.

That's gotta be big plus for a team spokes-lady. Yeah, all that and eye candy to boot! ;)

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a lot of new information but I really enjoyed listening. Bullet points:
1. She doesn't think Zeke will hold out.
2. She doesn't think Garrett's job is in serious jeopardy (he's on a "lukewarm seat")
3. Optimism is high for both Moore and Kitna; thinks Dak has gotten significantly better re: mechanics.
4. Thinks there's no hard feelings between Tony and Dak but they aren't close friends because of age diff.
5. Thinks both Dak and Garrett have the confidence of the locker room.

She’s a pretty talking head, but a talking head none the less who will say anything for ratings. I don’t pay attention to these types.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like Jane is firmly entrenched in the cowboys public relations department.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too much talent. If we don't make the championship game he's gone.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
interesting to hear her slant on the zeke "leak" - that his camp did it just to remain in the conversation, but doesn't fully intend on actually holding out. that kinda does make sense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
interesting to hear her slant on the zeke "leak" - that his camp did it just to remain in the conversation, but doesn't fully intend on actually holding out. that kinda does make sense.

I mean...that story started the day after the security guard’s decision to press charges over the Vegas incident. It was obviously a planned leak to change the headlines from the jump.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if she has ears at every level on this team ......players, coaches and front office.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep.

It’s always the fans saying NFC Championship or be fired. The team hasn’t said it. It is made up by the fan base, which will be shocked and outraged if that minimum isn’t met and Garrett isn’t fired.

I mean, Garrett might be let go after the season, but if he is it won’t be because he didn’t meet the target that the fans implemented.

What’s funny is that it keeps being written on here like Jerry himself said it in a press conference. All Jerry did was let Garrett work in the final year of his contract... which he did in 2014 as well, because Jerry believes people work their best under those circumstances.

If I'm remembering correctly, Jerry did make reference to "going further" or along those lines. If someone has the exact quote, that would be great.

And extrapolating from there, based on where they ended up last year, that means playing in the NFC Championship Game. So I think that's where that "implementation" came from.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I'm remembering correctly, Jerry did make reference to "going further" or along those lines. If someone has the exact quote, that would be great.

And extrapolating from there, based on where they ended up last year, that means playing in the NFC Championship Game. So I think that's where that "implementation" came from.
I remember Jerry or Stephen saying something like: losing in the divisional round isn’t good enough... we need to do better.

Or something basically like that. That’s all I remember, though I could have missed something.

But they never said anything about Garrett needing to get to a certain point in the playoffs to keep his job.

I’m just saying that the NFC Championship game or bust mentality was created by fans.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He's ruining the entertainment aspect of football for me and he's gotten a lifetime in NFL years to get the job done and he hasn't even had an NFC Championship appearance.

Dallas has to raise their standard if they ever want to win a championship again and telling everyone good job and giving the coach like him an extension would just send the wrong message to everyone.
How many coaches have they had in Cleveland, Miami, Jets, Raiders, Commanders, and on and on and on and on. Nothing really changes,.... until they land the right QB.

This year, the new guy in Cleveland... I dont even know hiws name, what how great he is gonna be. He is gonna be a genius, the next Billy boy. If they were still running out Tyrod Taylor, the new boy genius would be getting fired like the rest of them.

Baryy Switzer won a SB and was in the NFC Title game... yet many on here say he is an idiot. What is it??? Cant have it both ways.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember Jerry or Stephen saying something like: losing in the divisional round isn’t good enough... we need to do better.

Or something basically like that. That’s all I remember, though I could have missed something.

But they never said anything about Garrett needing to get to a certain point in the playoffs to keep his job.

I’m just saying that the NFC Championship game or bust mentality was created by fans.

That game specifically was, but as I said, that mark is based on Jones' comments. "Better than divisional round" = "NFC Championship Game".

Reid1boys

Reaction score
On a sise note, I have 4 daughters, so I a all pro woman in sports. My oldest is the head coach of an ncaa D2 softball program....... but I normally scoff at many of the females tat get crammed down our throats in regards to the NFL in teh name of equality.

I liked this lady. She seemed very well plugged into the team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I could be wrong but I'm not it was specified. He said Jason needed to win some playoff games as in plural. Stephen also said something along the lines they think this team is now talented enough to make a serious run.

Either way, I think they're looking the ton of $$$$ they're about to hand out players and giving Jason ONE last shot to if he can get this team over the hump. Otherwise, they're not trusting him with all the $$$$ they are paying out ANOTHER 3-4 years for same results. Bottom line........I'm guessing both Jerry and Stephen make damn sure they get a Super Bowl our all the second contracts.