Video: Jane Slater on The Cowherd

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How many coaches have they had in Cleveland, Miami, Jets, Raiders, Commanders, and on and on and on and on. Nothing really changes,.... until they land the right QB.

This year, the new guy in Cleveland... I dont even know hiws name, what how great he is gonna be. He is gonna be a genius, the next Billy boy. If they were still running out Tyrod Taylor, the new boy genius would be getting fired like the rest of them.

Baryy Switzer won a SB and was in the NFC Title game... yet many on here say he is an idiot. What is it??? Cant have it both ways.

It’s the combination of both coach and QB. Throw in a defense and you got a super bowl contender regardless of how the rest of your offense looks.

I don’t like to use 90s references to today’s game because it was easier to acquire talent with cash.

Everyone is playing with the same amount of money so the coaching edge is huge.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember Jerry or Stephen saying something like: losing in the divisional round isn’t good enough... we need to do better.

Or something basically like that. That’s all I remember, though I could have missed something.

But they never said anything about Garrett needing to get to a certain point in the playoffs to keep his job.

I’m just saying that the NFC Championship game or bust mentality was created by fans.

Iirc, Jerry did specifically say one thing about showing improvement. But it’s whatever. They really like Jason. If he has a good season and the team doesn’t lose on a coaching gaffe, he’s probably safe. If there’s an obvious upgrade available, he’d be in trouble. From here, that just looks like Sean Payton to me, and he’s probably not available.

I’d guess Slater is right on. Which should be no surprise because it’s what I’ve been saying all along.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be wrong but I'm not it was specified. He said Jason needed to win some playoff games as in plural. Stephen also said something along the lines they think this team is now talented enough to make a serious run.

Either way, I think they're looking the ton of $$$$ they're about to hand out players and giving Jason ONE last shot to if he can get this team over the hump. Otherwise, they're not trusting him with all the $$$$ they are paying out ANOTHER 3-4 years for same results. Bottom line........I'm guessing both Jerry and Stephen make damn sure they get a Super Bowl our all the second contracts.

Not only that, but let's face it, the Joneses are the personnel guys. They're the ones in charge of who stays and who goes. They've put the work into assembling what they - and many others - feel is a Championship contending roster of players. If "I've done my job" on the project, I sure as heck expect the other guy to do his job and hold up his end of the deal. Who wouldn't? And for all the good things that Garrett brings, if he can't handle coaching against the competition at the playoff level by now? It's time to make a change.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good news is that camp is here and we will all find out soon enough.

Exactly right. It's pointless to debate where the end goal is at this point. We'll never truly know until the season is over and the chips have fallen where they may.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Exactly right. It's pointless to debate where the end goal is at this point. We'll never truly know until the season is over and the chips have fallen where they may.
Bingo.

It’s (hopefully) going to be fun to watch and find out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo.

It’s (hopefully) going to be fun to watch and find out.

I see it as a win-win.

Either Garrett takes this team further than ever before - hopefully all the way - and gets his deserved extension, or he doesn't, and gets the then deserved firing.

Accountability.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s the combination of both coach and QB. Throw in a defense and you got a super bowl contender regardless of how the rest of your offense looks.

I don’t like to use 90s references to today’s game because it was easier to acquire talent with cash.

Everyone is playing with the same amount of money so the coaching edge is huge.
Oh I know, that coach is such a biggie...... I mean, thank God Cleveland has brought in a guru to help Blake become a legit QB......bahahahhahahahahahahaha.

Same with Andy Reid, thank God Mahomes has the offensive "Guru," around to help him develop. Just imagine if Mahomes ended up in Miami, or Baltimore.... he would liekly be out of the league in 2 years without the right mentors.