Twitter: Jane Slater only DFW media member to make McCarthy uncomfortable today

Reaction score
“The direction and leadership are in place”

I dont think i have heard a more inaccurate and laughable statement about this team

Goes to show you that this clown and the moron owner have absolutely no idea
When he said "The direction and leadership are in place", I just wish someone would have asked "based on what evidence?" And have him try to give an answer.

But reporters these days are nothing more than mewling sheep

Mark

Reaction score
I noticed that Mike Fisher was the only questioner who didn't get any camera face-time.

An oversight, or deliberate?

phildadon86

Reaction score
“Buy into us” followed by a shoulder shrug.

The body language says it all. I am gonna say words, but I don’t actually believe them, and I am gonna give you a pat answer and hope you go away.

2024 is gonna be brutal. Any failure this team shows on the field will be examined and over-analyzed. The scrutiny will be next level.

The pressure this team will face IF they actually make the postseason will be astronomical. No one will believe this team will win in Jan. The scoffers and mockers will be out in force and will predict more “Cowboy-esque” losses.

This team doesn’t yet comprehend the mountainous pile of crap they just laid out for the world to witness— and the consequences.

Which is why the ONLY thing Jerry could have done was to send Mike and the coaching staff packing. Making heads roll actually resets the equilibrium in the franchise, and at least gives the appearance of “accountability.”

By not firing him, JJ is in essence asking for trust and equity from a fanbase that has none left to give. The bank account is over-drawn. The check he is writing is gonna bounce.
Jerry doesnt care.

He had an opporunity to tell the fan base he cares but getting rid of this coaching staff. With guys like BB available you dont keep to the status quo.

CWR

Reaction score
Jane.....was the only man- per fight- in the room this morning... The rest of them were pink panty wearing midwives....Add the guy of the athletic also.. Rest were wussies.......scared wussies....
Modern day journalists at their finest.

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry doesnt care.

He had an opporunity to tell the fan base he cares but getting rid of this coaching staff. With guys like BB available you dont keep to the status quo.
Such a deep talent pool of coaches and Jerry couldn't care less.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Jerry doesnt care.

Yep. Jerry is the poison in the well, The fly in the ointment. The turd in the bathtub.

He folds when he should gamble. He gambles when he should fold. It is maddening to watch this circus year after year.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
A lot of people unfairly hate on Jane Slater because they stereotype her as the pretty network face that doesn't know anything.

She's the opposite. The lady knows her stuff and knows what questions to ask. I've always liked her and I always will.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Dallas Media is a bunch of Jerry Puppets. Sick of them all and good for Jane for asking.
I don't know that we have anyone in the Dallas Media that asks and gets answers to the tough questions. They don't dare risk rocking the Jones Empire's Yacht!!!

The Dallas media are all complicit in forwarding the Jones's circus...

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I noticed that Mike Fisher was the only questioner who didn't get any camera face-time.

An oversight, or deliberate?
Well, if he asked the question he said he was going to last night after the news broke, I'd wager deliberate.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dallas Media is a bunch of Jerry Puppets. Sick of them all and good for Jane for asking.
I'll say good for her when she asks Dak similar questions at the press conference for his $60 million per year deal in the near future.

I'm not saying McCarthy doesn't deserve a grilling (he does)
But he's low hanging fruit.

I'll respect Slater when she goes after Jerry's real pet with some tough questions.
Until then, it's a show. Nothing more.

JustChip

Reaction score
By not firing him, JJ is in essence asking for trust and equity from a fanbase that has none left to give. The bank account is over-drawn. The check he is writing is gonna bounce.
It was very interesting Sunday. The crowd initially was really into the game and loud. But by early in the 2nd quarter, the PA announcer and video screen were begging the crowd to get loud. Didn’t really work. The crowd was apathetic at that point.

It will be really interesting if that apathy carries over to next year. I think there will be more-so than any recent year.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Right after the game, I wanted everybody gone, MM, Dak, DQ. But after I talked myself off the ledge and calmed down, I thought maybe I had a knee jerk reaction. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sick about this. But, if we fire MM, what coach am I SURE will get us to the SB. I don't think there's one out there. Look at Belichik's last few years....not good. Harbaugh....he left the NFL for a reason. And struggled against OSU for years except for the last two. Vrabel....naww. Other OCs....possible but still a risk and it could be worst than the past few years. Then Dak....if he's replaced...with who? Trey Lance? Not sure...but there's definitely a learning curve and chemistry with receivers. Rush? No way. Rookie...very doubtful. Unless I'm ready to go into rebuilding mode, I just leave it as is. He did have an excellent season, just not so good of a playoff game. Defense stop them on half their drives and we may win. DQ? This is where I have to biggest problem. He is 0-6 against the Shanahan tree. Teams are gashing us on the ground cause we're too small at LB. Too many 6 DB sets. Poor decision making in that all season long you play man-to-man, then you go majority zone in the playoff game. I'm looking to see if we can upgrade here. Sam Williams makes bonehead plays, but the guy can rush the passer yet doesn't get many plays. Use Mikah as a LB more and move him around to rush the QB. DQ rarely blitz and sometimes gives QBs too much time in the pocket. If I make a change....I'm looking at DC.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerrys PR guy will soon see fit she gets reprimanded and put on double secret probation with her press access at the star. Didn't we already know the Dallas press is weak and caters to JERRY? I am not surprised. GOOD FOR JANE!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Right after the game, I wanted everybody gone, MM, Dak, DQ. But after I talked myself off the ledge and calmed down, I thought maybe I had a knee jerk reaction. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sick about this. But, if we fire MM, what coach am I SURE will get us to the SB. I don't think there's one out there. Look at Belichik's last few years....not good. Harbaugh....he left the NFL for a reason. And struggled against OSU for years except for the last two. Vrabel....naww. Other OCs....possible but still a risk and it could be worst than the past few years. Then Dak....if he's replaced...with who? Trey Lance? Not sure...but there's definitely a learning curve and chemistry with receivers. Rush? No way. Rookie...very doubtful. Unless I'm ready to go into rebuilding mode, I just leave it as is. He did have an excellent season, just not so good of a playoff game. Defense stop them on half their drives and we may win. DQ? This is where I have to biggest problem. He is 0-6 against the Shanahan tree. Teams are gashing us on the ground cause we're too small at LB. Too many 6 DB sets. Poor decision making in that all season long you play man-to-man, then you go majority zone in the playoff game. I'm looking to see if we can upgrade here. Sam Williams makes bonehead plays, but the guy can rush the passer yet doesn't get many plays. Use Mikah as a LB more and move him around to rush the QB. DQ rarely blitz and sometimes gives QBs too much time in the pocket. If I make a change....I'm looking at DC.
Same here. I remember saying Sunday night that the entire coaching staff needs to go.

Right now I want Dan Quinn gone and a new offensive line coach. That would be a good enough start for me.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Same here. I remember saying Sunday night that the entire coaching staff needs to go.

Right now I want Dan Quinn gone and a new offensive line coach. That would be a good enough start for me.
I left out OL coach but definitely agree with you

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dale Hansen, Frank Luksa, Tim MacMahon, Randy Galloway where art thou? Could you imagine the hell-raising from the old guard at today's press conference?

Props to Jane for being the only media member to show some gumption today. Double backed on this pointed question after MM initially tried to ignore it, had him visibly agitated.

The rest of the DFW media have been neutered.

Poor Mike is getting fatter due to the cards he has to work with.
He's dog meat by the end of next season.
Keep piling on the fat Mike you might need it for the cold winters ahead.