Jane Slater radio tidbits

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm getting the sense this is not going to be a quick fix for the next coach. He's going to need to destroy and rebuild the culture here which is going to take a couple of years.

Meh. A new accountable HC can change it all in mini camp and OTA’s, and TC. Hire the wrong one? We could be set back for awhile.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would start by cutting Jaylon Smith but I think the cap hit will be too big since we paid him $50 million.

He needs to go.

Why would you cut him? Not like using drugs or something. If he was talented before the $50M, it's still there. He needs guidance and leadership. Money doesn't make a leader, experience and wisdom do that. Some players are born with it, some get it via family character or adversative early but some have no clue UNTIL they reach NFL. That's not to say they can't or won't get it, just they have no idea it takes. It's why many older vet players will admit how much they matured after X number of years in the league. So I'm not sure you cut him ( or any of them) w/o working with them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
THIS is why I fav a guy like Mike McCarthy or Zim.......coach with STRONG leadership skills

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The first order of operations from the new HC will be team counseling. I think this team is scarred from this season in particular. Quite the downfall. I tried telling everyone earlier in the season that this locker room was broke down and imploding, but I was called crazy. Now my “illusions” are reality...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I've worked at companies where the morale was low and that can only be rectified by management.

Speaking from experience and as a person in a position to make leadership changes, your statement rings true. Low moral not only can be rectified by management, it is caused by management in several different capacities.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t need to be told the details about the friction amongst the coaches. I watched the games and it was obvious they started the season using an offensive scheme that was not Garrett’s. Moore was getting all the love and credit and Garrett couldn’t deal with it. He probably thought the offense was so talented that they could do just as well with his offense so he took control back and installed his old offense. It was obvious that the offense changed after week 2 or 3 and went back to Garrett’s stuff. I’m sure that created lots of friction throughout the entire team as everything went South from there.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I don’t need to be told the details about the friction amongst the coaches. I watched the games and it was obvious they started the season using an offensive scheme that was not Garrett’s. Moore was getting all the love and credit and Garrett couldn’t deal with it. He probably thought the offense was so talented that they could do just as well with his offense so he took control back and installed his old offense. It was obvious that the offense changed after week 2 or 3 and went back to Garrett’s stuff. I’m sure that created lots of friction throughout the entire team as everything went South from there.

Don’t forget the fact that Rod and Richard have been fighting as well too. Even players have taken sides on Rod’s philosophy vs Richard’s (D-Law and Jaylon are Pro-Richard). This locker room is a mess. No one can say otherwise because sources have confirmed it.