Jane Slater: The players defend Mike McCarthy

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why wouldn't they? they like the cupcake atmosphere. sheesh, jane you old hag....

snl-saturday-night-live.png

phildadon86

Reaction score
They had great things to say about Jason Garrett too.

They’re paid to play, not to make coaching decisions.

If I can get Belichick, I’m making a change.
I cant see how you move forward with McCarthy at this point. The Cowboys just got destroyed, at home, by a team that wouldnt have been in the playoffs 2 years ago.

On top of that. For McCarthy to say "we werent ready to play". Is amazing to me. Should have been fired when he said "Ill fix the penalties in the offseason."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant see how you move forward with McCarthy at this point. The Cowboys just got destroyed, at home, by a team that wouldnt have been in the playoffs 2 years ago.

On top of that. For McCarthy to say "we werent ready to play". Is amazing to me. Should have been fired when he said "Ill fix the penalties in the offseason."
I hear ya.

I just have to have a better option in hand before I make the change.

He did win 12 games three years straight. And you can certainly do worse.

The Natural

Reaction score
Mike sounds like a great guy. For a group of smart, self-motivated dawgs he would be the perfect coach. Unfortunately this bunch is NOT that.

This franchise needs a disciplinarian who is going to micro-manage their every move., These guys dont need to be comfortable or a coach who is going to be friendly with them, they need someone who is going to get in and stay in their ***. That the players actually “believe they are close” is an absolute joke. I would clear out the entire staff, let the new HC decide if he has a place for Al Harris, thats it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

"Concern that Dak Panics when 1st read isn't there."

Don't overlook that little nugget at the end.

If this is being said in the locker room by (I would assume) more than 1 player, it's an issue and calls into question this fable we are told that this locker room is 100% sold on Dak and in his corner.

Maybe this was the reason for the look on Cee Dee's face yesterday?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I like all those nuggets sounds nice and everything but at the end of the day Joe Barry the GB DC and Vic Fangio who’s had MM’s # in Denver now Miami it doesn’t look good for the future when you play better teams and they out scheme you . Constantly . You know if Cee Dee Lamb doesn’t scamble around in a fire drill Dak hits him with a 92 yard bomb the Lions DC Aaron Glenn had Dallas bottled up.