Jane Slater: The players defend Mike McCarthy

75boyz

Reaction score
Well yeah,
Of course the culture and environment the head coach promotes is being defended.

Otherwise the players would hafta accept some personal responsibility for their performance.

And we'll have none of that accountability BS at the coach or player level.

We ain't got it at the Owner/GM level, why should we start with the coach and players now?

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
"Concern that Dak Panics when 1st read isn't there."

Don't overlook that little nugget at the end.

If this is being said in the locker room by (I would assume) more than 1 player, it's an issue and calls into question this fable we are told that this locker room is 100% sold on Dak and in his corner.

Maybe this was the reason for the look on Cee Dee's face yesterday?
This exactly.

RonWashington

Reaction score
And honestly Quinn should not return as DC after that absolute disgrace Sunday . If MM were to come back promote Al Harris to DC and get some linebackers that go 230-240 and don’t get run over. All in all I am all for an entire overhaul get rid of the entire staff . And Will McClay deserves some blame

rags747

Reaction score
What kind of soft corny stuff is this?

Literal breaks from meeting to text love ones to thank them for their support?

The culture is more soft than any of us thought.
I read that the Great Jimmy Johnson did this as well, he Appreciated that his players would sometimes have to catch a little shut eye in his meetings. Kumbyahh…

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
So I guess this is a template for what not to do as a coach . It’s like opposite day , the exact opposite is the right way because this sure as heck didn’t work .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jane's showing her diversity hire ignorance. She thinks this is schooling the fans. Football fans know better. No one gives a crap what the players think. No one cares about their family days or stop to text a loved one weak nonsense. You think Bill Parcells stopped practice so Gary Reasons could call his Aunt and thank her for everything? What the heck are we doing here? Do we still have a pair?

Players often don't know what's good for them. They want what is easiest. Our three HOF head coaches didn't care about your family or your feelings when you showed up to work. They didn't try to be your friend. You were there to do a job and if you can't do it we'll find someone who can. I'm your coach not your buddy.

Results on the field are all that matters. If the players like Mike McCarthy so much they should have showed it on the field Sunday. They didn't. No more input needed from them or from her, for that matter.

That aside, I wish her lips had an OnlyFans.