Jane Slater: Vrabel, Harbaugh, and Belichick were interested in Cowboys job

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I'd be curious what proof Jane Slater has that all three of these guys had expressed an interest in the job other than "I heard from a friend of a friend" type stuff

None of these guys publicly expressed interest in the job from what I have seen and I have to think if any of the 3 (Belichick, Harbaugh, or Vrabel) had put direct feelers out to Jerry that would have been news

If any of them had truly been interested in the job my guess is they would have directly called Jerry and expressed interest rather than sitting around and "hoping and preparing for his call" as slater described it

Personally I've always thought Slater was a bit of a fib teller and this clip makes me think that even more

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'd be curious what proof Jane Slater has that all three of these guys had expressed an interest in the job other than "I heard from a friend of a friend" type stuff

None of these guys publicly expressed interest in the job from what I have seen and I have to think if any of the 3 (Belichick, Harbaugh, or Vrabel) had put direct feelers out to Jerry that would have been news

If any of them had truly been interested in the job my guess is they would have directly called Jerry and expressed interest rather than sitting around and "hoping and preparing for his call" as slater described it

Personally I've always thought Slater was a bit of a fib teller and this clip makes me think that even more
Jane Slater has been in the industry for 20 years, both in Dallas and now nationally.

You're some dude on a message board with no contacts in the industry. Guess which one of you I think has more credibility.

That you think any of them are going to make a public announcement of interest in a head coaching job tells me a lot. :muttley:

dupree89

Reaction score

its kind of an unwritten rule that you dont lobby publicly for another coach's job .

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

David Moore said on his Ticket show last night that he'd be shocked if Jerry didn't put feelers out to all three of those guys.

And he's probably as connected as anyone out there.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score

Why would they publicly say they were interested? That only hurts them if they don’t get the job, and hurts their chances of getting other jobs.

Would you interview for a job and then publicly say you want another company to hire you?

RS12

Reaction score
You would think somebody in their 80s would have a sense of urgency. Unfortunately he has no sense of reality. The team flat out quit in the 1st quarter of a playoff game. Players may like MM personally but obviously dont respect him.