Jane Slater's Top 3 Draft Picks to watch

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, there are backs that I like… but I have Bijan and Gibbs in a tier well above the other backs, and I have Spears a lot closer to those two than to the rest of the field.

I think Spears can be pretty special. I don’t really feel like any of the others will be. That doesn’t mean I couldn’t be wrong… but none of the rest really jump out at me.

But yeah, I didn’t mean to imply that I just don’t like any of the others.
Oh ok I see what you mean.

Sydla

Reaction score
Depends on the cost. Getting a top 5 player in the late teens or early 20s isn’t a dumb idea
The cost is a 3rd or 2nd round plus maybe another late round pick.

That's dumb for a TB.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say he is a meh pick. He’s the top TE in the class IMO.

His ceiling just isn’t much higher than what he is.

Washingtons ceiling is massive. But the room to be a bust is also massive.

Mayer is a safe pick. Washington is the guy who makes you become a head coach because of your great picking ability or the reason you’re fired.
Mayer if you want Witten Part Dos. Kincaid if you want Kelce. Answer is simple. Kincaid.

JBS

Reaction score
Yes and no. Is he a top 5 player based on what I have around him? IS he a top 5 player on the Texans right now?
I don’t know what you are talking about. You are drafting players eligible in this class. He’s a top 5 player in this draft

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t know what you are talking about. You are drafting players eligible in this class. He’s a top 5 player in this draft
I guess I misunderstood you. You said top 5 player but I guess you’re saying top 5 prospect.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. Let’s not lose out on Tolbert. Great plan
That’s like saying let’s not lose out on Fournette or Zeke when passing on Bijan. I don’t pass him up. But to trade a 3rd for a running back when I can draft one in the 3rd?

JBS

Reaction score
That’s like saying let’s not lose out on Fournette or Zeke when passing on Bijan. I don’t pass him up. But to trade a 3rd for a running back when I can draft one in the 3rd?
Taking a RB at 5 isn’t the same as taking a RB at 20

JBS

Reaction score
It's closer than you want to admit, especially if you have to toss in extra picks to get it done.
Absolutely not. There are elite players in the top 10 available.

Not to mention this class is already weak. Not getting anything elite at 26

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Im fine with trading back
Its a decent draft to do that in, but its not always easy to find the right trade partner.
All I'm saying is don't trade back just to trade back, trade back only if you know you are still within the grasp of your targets.
This draft is definitely deep enough considering our team needs to consider some movement in this one.
We have player trade flexibility as well to add to potential draft day deals, so I do expect to see more flexibility in this draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
Absolutely not. There are elite players in the top 10 available.

Not to mention this class is already weak. Not getting anything elite at 26
TBs have a limited impact on the trajectory of a franchise. Again, this is the same logic some of you used for why we had to use the 4th pick on Elliott. He's an elite player. He'll put us over the top. You have to take an elite talent even though he's a TB.

We were no better after Elliott than we were before. The best we ever did with Elliott was win a playoff game. The 2014 team with a third round TB won a playoff game too. RBs are largely fungible. Build the roster properly. Not throw multiple assets at a fungible position.