Jane Slater's Top 3 Draft Picks to watch

Cowboyny

Reaction score
IDK........Strong words from the scout. Maybe too strong, as if there's an agenda. Not to mention, I would hope they are relying upon ONE person's eval. Do your homework if character and work ethic supposedly issues. You mention Collins and you could but it could also be similar to bashing Dez went through.
I understand, but also saw him doing nothing until his final year, after being a 5 star recruit.

Sydla

Reaction score
There was a guy on ESPN says he worked 2 years for the Eagles. According to him, there's less than zero chance the Eagles would draft Bijan at 10. I agree....with an offense as stacked as theirs, there are not enough snaps to justify a 1st rounder at RB.
Robinson very well may be a Top 5 talent in this draft. But if Carter is there at 10 and Robinson is there at 10, Philly wouldn't even think twice. They'd take Carter because they see the value in DTs.

On the otherhand, here in Dallas, if Carter and Robinson were on the board, there is little doubt Jerry would be thinking long and hard about taking the flashy pick in Robinson over the smarter pick in Carter.

Sydla

Reaction score
I understand, but also saw him doing nothing until his final year, after being a 5 star recruit.
Do nothing?

He made the SEC All-Freshman team. He was their starting LT in 2021. They moved him back to RT for 2022 because he could adapt to the right side as other players couldn't.

Let's not pretend the guy is some out of nowhere success story in college.

Sydla

Reaction score
My understanding is he struggled throughout his career, until his final season when the light came on.
One, he made the SEC all frosh team as an OT. Two, you don't stick a struggling OT at LT, which Wright played his entire junior year.

I get it, there are questions about his work ethic but to suggest he did nothing for three years at UT before his senior year is just inaccurate.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yikes…if that’s true then hard pass for me.
Tell me about it! If any truth behind it, he could be a real bust. Say what you want about Tyler, but he has that so called want to be great, not entitled player at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There was a guy on ESPN says he worked 2 years for the Eagles. According to him, there's less than zero chance the Eagles would draft Bijan at 10. I agree....with an offense as stacked as theirs, there are not enough snaps to justify a 1st rounder at RB.
Man I would think they wouldn’t but it seems like Bijan to Eagles is heating up. Might just be the fans smoke though.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Man I would think they wouldn’t but it seems like Bijan to Eagles is heating up. Might just be the fans smoke though.
TBH....I'm seeing/reading keep an eye on Carter to the Eagles. In fact, one tweeter suggested they may move up to get him if he gets pass the Seahawks.

Sydla

Reaction score
TBH....I'm seeing/reading keep an eye on Carter to the Eagles. In fact, one tweeter suggested they may move up to get him if he gets pass the Seahawks.
That would make some sense. They clearly value DT as they continually pour resources into the position (the entire DL overall if one is honest).

We apparently value TB more. That partly explains why one team has played in two SBs in 5 years and one hasn't sniffed a conference title game.

Carson

Reaction score
I just did a PFN mock:

26 - Wright, OT, UT
58 - Sanders, LB, Ark
90 - Bigsby, TB, Aub
129 - Young, DT, Bama
176 - Ojomo, DT, UT
212 - Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA
244 - Whyle, TE, UC
That’s a dream mock. So we will get none of them

McKDaddy

Reaction score
IF true, then yes.

But these quotes from scouts are often all over the place and intentionally divisive. I take em all with a grain of salt.
yeah, something seems a little off. After seeing this post questioning his work ethic, I looked up a few scouting reports. One said he had poor hand work. Trust me, you can light that one on fire cause it is as far from accurate as you can get based on what I have seen. It's amazing how much supposedly knowledgeable people can vary in their analysis.

I know nothing of his work ethic but it seems awfully suspicious that this kind of perception altering info is coming out a week before the draft when to the best of my knowledge it hadn't been even remotely suggested previously.

gtb1943

Reaction score
yeah, something seems a little off. After seeing this post questioning his work ethic, I looked up a few scouting reports. One said he had poor hand work. Trust me, you can light that one on fire cause it is as far from accurate as you can get based on what I have seen. It's amazing how much supposedly knowledgeable people can vary in their analysis.

I know nothing of his work ethic but it seems awfully suspicious that this kind of perception altering info is coming out a week before the draft when to the best of my knowledge it hadn't been even remotely suggested previously.
There are a lot of factors at play. The University and Coaches have a vested interest in hiding things like this. Teams wanting him to drop have a vested interest in blowing smoke.

In this day and age finding honest sources is just about impossible; everyone has an agenda

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors at play. The University and Coaches have a vested interest in hiding things like this. Teams wanting him to drop have a vested interest in blowing smoke.

In this day and age finding honest sources is just about impossible; everyone has an agenda
You wonder how much cash is slid into pockets of folks to say or not say certain things.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Wright - yes, I am lighting candles at church he somehow slips to us

Washington - doubt he'd be there in the second but something about him scares me. I would rather have LaPorta there or maybe Kuntz later.

Achane - People like him, for some reason I am not impressed. Would rather have a guy like Spears from Tulane. Kid is just so smooth.
Completely agree on Achane. I just don’t like his vision or instincts.

I agree on Spears as well. He is a natural born runner and his eyes are so good. He’s my third favorite runner in this draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
Completely agree on Achane. I just don’t like his vision or instincts.

I agree on Spears as well. He is a natural born runner and his eyes are so good. He’s my third favorite runner in this draft.
Granted, USC's defense was poor all year but watching Spears in the bowl game against them was an eye opener for me. I went back and looked at some of his highlight tapes after that and man, he's just such a silky runner........... no wasted movements, his cuts are so smooth, etc.

I'd be happy as a pig in slop if he ended up as a Cowboy.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Granted, USC's defense was poor all year but watching Spears in the bowl game against them was an eye opener for me. I went back and looked at some of his highlight tapes after that and man, he's just such a silky runner........... no wasted movements, his cuts are so smooth, etc.

I'd be happy as a pig in slop if he ended up as a Cowboy.
Yeah, if Dallas doesn’t end up with Bijan or Gibbs… it’ll be Spears or bust for me. I actually like him almost as much as the other two. He catches the ball very well too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, if Dallas doesn’t end up with Bijan or Gibbs… it’ll be Spears or bust for me. I actually like him almost as much as the other two. He catches the ball very well too.
I also like Evans from Ole Miss and McIntosh from UGA. McIntosh, though, may be viewed as a Pollard clone by the Cowboys and they may want a more pure TB which Spears and Evans (and even Bigsby) are.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Really? Man I could come up with like 10 RBs I’d be happy with lol.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Really? Man I could come up with like 10 RBs I’d be happy with lol.
Yeah, there are backs that I like… but I have Bijan and Gibbs in a tier well above the other backs, and I have Spears a lot closer to those two than to the rest of the field.

I think Spears can be pretty special. I don’t really feel like any of the others will be. That doesn’t mean I couldn’t be wrong… but none of the rest really jump out at me.

But yeah, I didn’t mean to imply that I just don’t like any of the others.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I also like Evans from Ole Miss and McIntosh from UGA. McIntosh, though, may be viewed as a Pollard clone by the Cowboys and they may want a more pure TB which Spears and Evans (and even Bigsby) are.
Yeah, McIntosh seems like a good later round guy, but he’s well below Spears for me.