Jared Goff job in jeopardy?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

21,044 Messages
    19,122 Likes Received
    this league has always been about what have you done LATELY. That will never change. Its also the Mahomes affect. Owners,Gm's, coaches , fans all want the lightning in the bottle at QB..fair or unfair. With Goff I fully get it...he was never a top flight QB..he is the pure def. of bus driver..ie TY DETMER back in the day..or Trent Dilfer. Wentz at one time had the it factor, then lost it and never regained it. He's a average QB now. BUT MAYBE in the right system he can regain all that.

817Gill and Furboy like this.
  2. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

4,099 Messages
    3,245 Likes Received
    To me Goff is a great example of a guy who has the skills but lacks in the "it" factor. He doesn't come across to me as having the warrior spirit. He's more of a "what do you want me to do boss" kinda guy rather than a "this is what we're going to do" guy.

Having said that he did show some guts and spirit playing through the injury to his thumb in the playoffs.

JustChip and Rayman70 like this.
  3. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,391 Messages
    19,475 Likes Received
    Lol the same guy that hates Dak wants to give love to Wentz. Nice job checking him.

phildadon86 and Starforever like this.
  4. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

3,400 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received

Wait a minute! You continuously denigrate Dak, but find all kinds of excuses for Wentz; is he a family member?

CowboysWillRise and phildadon86 like this.
  5. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

3,400 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    Funny, talking about his throwing, pocket awareness, wins, etc., is a subtle way of explaining the cap hit.

6. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

28,928 Messages
    50,584 Likes Received
    I don't agree with everything he says, and he has fully admitted to the fact he just can't admit being wrong directly to me in a debate long ago about Dez, but he has also repeatedly said he doesn't hate Dak and thinks he's a pretty good QB.
    Just not good enough to have earned a giant contract.

Anyways, I'm not here to be his bodyguard. Just pointing out a misconception.

7. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,609 Messages
    21,536 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer:

8. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,609 Messages
    21,536 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer:

9. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    One made it to a SB. The other was the starter on a SB champion playing at MVP level for 14 games. That's not nothing.

I would definitely think about going after Goff.

10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    What, quarterback competition? Aren't they worried about offending Goff's delicate ego and ruining their credibility with the public? Shouldn't they put all of their eggs in one basket?

They obviously don't know how to do things the successful Cowboys way.