Jared Goff job in jeopardy?

Rayman70

Reaction score
this league has always been about what have you done LATELY. That will never change. Its also the Mahomes affect. Owners,Gm's, coaches , fans all want the lightning in the bottle at QB..fair or unfair. With Goff I fully get it...he was never a top flight QB..he is the pure def. of bus driver..ie TY DETMER back in the day..or Trent Dilfer. Wentz at one time had the it factor, then lost it and never regained it. He's a average QB now. BUT MAYBE in the right system he can regain all that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
To me Goff is a great example of a guy who has the skills but lacks in the "it" factor. He doesn't come across to me as having the warrior spirit. He's more of a "what do you want me to do boss" kinda guy rather than a "this is what we're going to do" guy.

Having said that he did show some guts and spirit playing through the injury to his thumb in the playoffs.

CWR

Reaction score
Again proving you know nothing about quarterbacks. You make it too easy.

Wentz has been making boneheaded decisions forever. Wentz' injury is in his brain. His mechanics go all over the place, his footwork is a mess and to top that all off he just got his superbowl winning coach run out of town in Philly. The problem wasnt Pederson, nor Schwartz, nor Roseman. Its been Wentz and always has been. Hes accomplished nothing in his career, they won a Super bowl without him and his teammates hate him. Theres no fixing any of that.

Lol the same guy that hates Dak wants to give love to Wentz. Nice job checking him.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah...

I'm not the type to ignore an entire person's career based on 1 game, month, or season.

He's got immense talent and he's performed at a high level in this league.

I think this is the lowest we will ever see his stock.

Wait a minute! You continuously denigrate Dak, but find all kinds of excuses for Wentz; is he a family member?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Funny, talking about his throwing, pocket awareness, wins, etc., is a subtle way of explaining the cap hit.
I don't agree with everything he says, and he has fully admitted to the fact he just can't admit being wrong directly to me in a debate long ago about Dez, but he has also repeatedly said he doesn't hate Dak and thinks he's a pretty good QB.
Just not good enough to have earned a giant contract.

Anyways, I'm not here to be his bodyguard. Just pointing out a misconception.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The effect of the young guns like Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Murray, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson are taking their toll. Stafford is on the block, Goff is rumored to be as is Rodgers and these teams and fans want the new hot shot QB's.

So do some of the Cowboys fans. Prescott isn't good enough for them, they'd rather take a chance on one of these young studs in the draft when the same situation will apply, every QB has to have the team around him. Brees set records and will retire with just one ring. Rodgers only has one.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

KB1122

Reaction score
One made it to a SB. The other was the starter on a SB champion playing at MVP level for 14 games. That's not nothing.

I would definitely think about going after Goff.

KB1122

Reaction score
There is some speculation here that Darnold may end up with the Rams in the off-season. He played at USC and could come in and compete against Goff right away.

What, quarterback competition? Aren't they worried about offending Goff's delicate ego and ruining their credibility with the public? Shouldn't they put all of their eggs in one basket?

They obviously don't know how to do things the successful Cowboys way.