Jarwin should be a big upgrade over 2019 Witten

DFWJC

Reaction score
With all the other weapons, there are only so many opportunities, but I like Jarwin's chances to look good this year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Being a TE is not just running routes and catching passes. That's called a WR. A TE has to be able to block and provide protection as well. Jarwin will never be half the TE as 11-time Pro Bowler, Jason Witten. The utter stupidity being displayed in this thread by praising Jarwin at this point in his career is mind-numbing. I think the guy does have a promising future but he's no Witten. He has a long way to go to be in Jason Witten's league. You people disgust me for not appreciating the TE and leader we lost when Witten moved on to the Raiders. Sure he's lost a step at his age but he's still an asset while all of you that don't see this are just a bunch of assets minus the "t".

conner01

Reaction score
And, apparently, not even as a tight end coach.
I don’t know if witten is coaching material or not
Being a great player doesn’t make you a great teacher and that’s a teaching job
That said I’d like to see him give it a shot but he needs to understand he won’t start as a position coach
If he wants to get into coaching he needs to work under a good coach to teach him how to teach players
Start at the bottom and work your way up

kskboys

Reaction score
Being a TE is not just running routes and catching passes. That's called a WR. A TE has to be able to block and provide protection as well. Jarwin will never be half the TE as 11-time Pro Bowler, Jason Witten. The utter stupidity being displayed in this thread by praising Jarwin at this point in his career is mind-numbing. I think the guy does have a promising future but he's no Witten. He has a long way to go to be in Jason Witten's league. You people disgust me for not appreciating the TE and leader we lost when Witten moved on to the Raiders. Sure he's lost a step at his age but he's still an asset while all of you that don't see this are just a bunch of *****.
Yup.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Being a TE is not just running routes and catching passes. That's called a WR. A TE has to be able to block and provide protection as well. Jarwin will never be half the TE as 11-time Pro Bowler, Jason Witten. The utter stupidity being displayed in this thread by praising Jarwin at this point in his career is mind-numbing. I think the guy does have a promising future but he's no Witten. He has a long way to go to be in Jason Witten's league. You people disgust me for not appreciating the TE and leader we lost when Witten moved on to the Raiders. Sure he's lost a step at his age but he's still an asset while all of you that don't see this are just a bunch of assets minus the "t".

Shutup Joe.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, but Witten was a terrible blocker last season. It was painful to watch at times, he would flat out miss his assignment.
WRONG... make up crap up. Witten is still a better blocking TE than any TE on the Cowboys roster.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Inflated ego? What exactly do you base that on? Be specific.
Based on him still thinking he was a starter when it was obvious Jarwin was much better at least on passing downs.

Some reports had him wanting to be at minimum a position coach on staff rather than quality control which is where most ex-players start.

Nav22

Reaction score
Based on him still thinking he was a starter when it was obvious Jarwin was much better at least on passing downs.

Some reports had him wanting to be at minimum a position coach on staff rather than quality control which is where most ex-players start.
Um... He doesn’t decide who starts, his coaches do that. LOL you’re upset that he still thought he could play at a high level?

And I’ve never heard of any NFL player who told his coaches to start someone besides himself.

If wanting to play instead of sit on the bench means he had an “inflated ego”, then pretty much every NFL player in the history of the game has an “inflated ego.”

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully Jarwin steps up more than he did in 2018 when Witten was in the broadcast booth. Hopefully he can stay healthy. An injury in training camp last summer hindered his progress. The one thing that remained consistent with Witten was his availability.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jason Witten is probably a hall of famer but he was an absolute joke his last 3 or 4 years here. He couldn’t block your grandmother the last several years. Those that are touting his blocking ability were not paying attention the last several years. He was less than a shell of his former self.

Verdict

Reaction score
WRONG... make up crap up. Witten is still a better blocking TE than any TE on the Cowboys roster.
My goodness, you are in the land of rainbows and unicorns if you really believe this. Lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jason Witten is probably a hall of famer but he was an absolute joke his last 3 or 4 years here. He couldn’t block your grandmother the last several years. Those that are touting his blocking ability were not paying attention the last several years. He was less than a shell of his former self.

He’s a lock for the Hall of Fame and although his blocking skills had diminished he was far from a joke his last three seasons with the Cowboys. He put up 195 catches and 12 TDs his last three seasons and was still a consistent chain mover.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like a lot of you are going to be shocked in a few years when Witten is elected to the HOF and ROH.

Jarwin isn't half as good as Witten in his prime but I guess thats good enough for many of you.