Jason Allen and Marcus Coleman...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Anyone else interested in what could be too low risk high reward players?

If we could draft Jason Allen in the 3rd round, and get Coleman in free agency, we wouldn't necessarily have to rely on either of them 100%. If allen is healthy enough we could start him, and if he isn't we could start Coleman. We could dump Coleman if he continues to have problems here in Dallas as well.

Pretty good safety depth as well

Coleman - Williams
Allen - Beriault

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

If we could draft Jason Allen in the 3rd round, and get Coleman in free agency, we wouldn't necessarily have to rely on either of them 100%. If allen is healthy enough we could start him, and if he isn't we could start Coleman. We could dump Coleman if he continues to have problems here in Dallas as well.

Coleman - Williams
Allen - Beriault

Most have Allen as a late first/early second rounder. Nobody will get him in the third.

cleverusername

Reaction score
Bach said:
Most have Allen as a late first/early second rounder. Nobody will get him in the third.

Maybe he'll drop because of the reports he failed his physicals.

Tennessee safety Jason Allen reportedly failed a pair of physicals The tweener safety/cornerback's stock has experienced a roller coaster since injuring his hip during his senior season. Thought to be a possible first-rounder, this news will push him down into the second round. Apr. 11 - 8:27 pm et

Source: ESPN.com Insider

conner01

Reaction score
with the cocern about his injury he could drop big time. i guess it will depend on just how true the stories about him failing physicals turns out to be. i would certainly want my docs to check him out before i invested in him

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Maybe he'll drop because of the reports he failed his physical.

Tennessee safety Jason Allen reportedly failed a pair of physicals The tweener safety/cornerback's stock has experienced a roller coaster since injuring his hip during his senior season. Thought to be a possible first-rounder, this news will push him down into the second round. Apr. 11 - 8:27 pm et

I just read that after I posted the above.

With this new info., I wouldn't risk it. We've taken too many chances in the past with guys who dropped due to injury or off the field problems and they've rarely worked out for us.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Chris Canty? Would have been a fairly high first round draft pick... dropped to the 4th...

cleverusername

Reaction score
Bach said:
I just read that after I posted the above.

With this new info., I wouldn't risk it. We've taken too many chances in the past with guys who dropped due to injury or off the field problems and they've rarely worked out for us.

You're right about the injury deal. Canty was a bright spot, though. If we do get one of these "injury prone" guys we really need to do our homework and bring him in for physicals and all that. The Jacob Rodgers thing really put a bad taste in my mouth for these guys. If someone like this drops to the second day, it might be worth the risk.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Canty was just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time with no history of problems- and his other injury was nothing special. Allen has a hip injury that could go like Bo Jackson's= BIG DIFFERENCE.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Actually Canty needed pretty serious knee surgery...

The difference between someone like Rogers and Canty is attitude. Both came back from injuries and were perfectly healthy. Rogers was slated to start at once point if you don't remember.

Getting Will Allen in the 3rd or late 2nd, would be a steal as most believed he was the best safety coming out last year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
no an no

Jason Allen might end up being a good player, but we've had enough of guys with major injury issues...he is too much of a risk now

David

Bobo

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Maybe he'll drop because of the reports he failed his physicals.

My UT boys are just getting beat all to hell. Burnett we know of of course. Munoz supposedly failed his physicals last year and was undrafted. Kevin Simon looked to be a stud LB, but he, like Burnett, had an ACL tear. Now Jason Allen....hoped we'd heard the last of the hip :(

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

Coleman - Williams
Allen - Beriault

Ty Law or Charles Woodson > Marcus Coleman/Jason Allen

Eskimo

Reaction score
History suggests we strongly avoid UT players in the second round. Do the names Burnett and Goodrich ring a bell?

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
History suggests we strongly avoid UT players in the second round. Do the names Burnett and Goodrich ring a bell?

everyone needs to lay off burnett, hes had one season, yea it sucks that he had a season ending injury, but calm down. he might prove to be a solid player. as for julius jones, he hasnt proven much, yet people on this board still praise him. JJ is more injury prone than any player on our roster.

Eskimo

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
everyone needs to lay off burnett, hes had one season, yea it sucks that he had a season ending injury, but calm down. he might prove to be a solid player. as for julius jones, he hasnt proven much, yet people on this board still praise him. JJ is more injury prone than any player on our roster.

Obviously he will get another chance to prove himself but he has had four leg surgeries in his young life including 3 in the past year and 3 on his knees.

You always get gunshy when the same scenario comes up over and over again.

The fact that Allen is failing his physicals after having some aggressive rehab does not bode well for the future and I would be against drafting him in the first two rounds because he sounds like he is more of a safety than a CB and I usually don't believe in drafting safeties early - especially not injured safeties that want to play corner.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Obviously he will get another chance to prove himself but he has had four leg surgeries in his young life including 3 in the past year and 3 on his knees.

You always get gunshy when the same scenario comes up over and over again.

The fact that Allen is failing his physicals after having some aggressive rehab does not bode well for the future and I would be against drafting him in the first two rounds because he sounds like he is more of a safety than a CB and I usually don't believe in drafting safeties early - especially not injured safeties that want to play corner.

thats why i have him sold at the 80th pick, we are getting him round 3 baby.

billknows

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

Coleman - Williams
Allen - Beriault

That would certainly work for me

Smith22

Reaction score
It's a shame Allen had to suffery that serious of an injury. The guy was a top 10-15 lock, now he could fall to round 3 or worse. With our luck picking guys with injuries, I just don't know........

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I'll take a chance on Allen in the 4th if he's still there, Coleman is supposely sobering himself in rehab, then teams will take a look, I'd take a chacne.