Jason Allen fails physicals...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Tennessee safety Jason Allen reportedly failed a pair of physicals The tweener safety/cornerback's stock has experienced a roller coaster since injuring his hip during his senior season. Thought to be a possible first-rounder, this news will push him down into the second round. Apr. 11 - 8:27 pm et

Source: ESPN.com Insider

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Tennessee safety Jason Allen reportedly failed a pair of physicals The tweener safety/cornerback's stock has experienced a roller coaster since injuring his hip during his senior season. Thought to be a possible first-rounder, this news will push him down into the second round. Apr. 11 - 8:27 pm et

Source: ESPN.com Insider

Watch all of these silly mock draft pundits strip their gears throwing it into reverse.

That is what makes the draft so much fun.

trickblue

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Watch all of these silly mock draft pundits strip their gears throwing it into reverse.

That is what makes the draft so much fun.

Yep... they have been talking him up because of what he once WAS...

A little research would tell them that he is only 80% in regards to the injured hip. Doctors say it may or may not improve.

It's a risky propostion... and now that he fails more than one physical, I bet he drops further than round 2...

Alexander

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Yep... they have been talking him up because of what he once WAS...

A little research would tell them that he is only 80% in regards to the injured hip. Doctors say it may or may not improve.

It's a risky propostion... and now that he fails more than one physical, I bet he drops further than round 2...

It also shows what a combine 40 yard dash can do.

He was definitely a second/third round type before that.

He runs a sub 4.5 and the draftnicks go mad.

Wood

Reaction score
I think its the best thing that could have happend. Kiper kept having us taking him in the first but I thought it would be a huge risk considering his medical past. Parcells track record in the 1st round is impressive...I doubt he would have taken Allen. I just think Kiper fell in love with the guy.

Reaction score
No thanks, the Cowboys certainly don't need another injury prone University of Tennesee player, as it stands with already drafting Kevin Burnett in last year's draft. :mad:

trickblue

Reaction score
Alexander said:
It also shows what a combine 40 yard dash can do.

He was definitely a second/third round type before that.

He runs a sub 4.5 and the draftnicks go mad.

Very true... one of the least important stats collected at the Underwear Olympics is the very one that drops top tier players into the late part of round 1 and even into a late day 1 pick...

Legitimate 3's and 4's move up to late 1's and early 2's... all because they can run .2 seconds faster than another player without pads...

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Alexander said:
"Who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway?"

I was actually at the draft the year the Vikings couldnt make up there mind on who to pick and teams were running down the aisles to turn in their picks ahead of them. That was wild but seeing that guy rip Kiper on ESPN during the draft was BY FAR my most memorable draft moment. Friggin beautiful. I think it was Vince Tobin from the Cardinals (maybe even the St Louis Cards at that time) and he just ripped Kiper a new one. It was great. I think its high time ESPN brought in another guy but in Kiper's defense, I cant remember the guy Tobin took but I'm pretty sure Kiper was right on that one and the guy picked never panned out.

Great TV though....:lmao:

Alexander

Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
I was actually at the draft the year the Vikings couldnt make up there mind on who to pick and teams were running down the aisles to turn in their picks ahead of them. That was wild but seeing that guy rip Kiper on ESPN during the draft was BY FAR my most memorable draft moment. Friggin beautiful. I think it was Vince Tobin from the Cardinals (maybe even the St Louis Cards at that time) and he just ripped Kiper a new one. It was great. I think its high time ESPN brought in another guy but in Kiper's defense, I cant remember the guy Tobin took but I'm pretty sure Kiper was right on that one and the guy picked never panned out.

Great TV though....:lmao:
It was when Tobin was with the Colts and it was about him ripping them for not knowing what the draft was all about (taking Trev Alberts over Trent Dilfer).

Theoretically, Kiper was right. But that being said, he is most certainly not the guru he is cracked up to be. He is just another media type who is marketed as an expert. Kiper also called Andre Ware an impact player, so that speaks to his acumen.

There is not a single person on this planet that can be an expert on something as subjective and insane as the NFL draft.

trickblue

Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel said:
Donte Whitner anyone?

Not at #18... I am leary of those prospects that move up fast just before the draft...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
playit12 said:
You mean like Demarcus Ware?

So he should change his line of thinking cuz one of those type of players panned out (maybe) one time?

Whitner in the first would cause me to inflict serious bodily harm on many people.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
chris canty ring a bell?

1st round prospect drops to rounds 2-4, this is only a plus for us, this guy is worth the risk if he is there in the 3rd, i mean come on now, he is a talented guy and we'd be taking the same risk on him as we did on canty. so i mean lets go for this guy if hes on the board when we pick. might seem like a reach, just because of injury, but he is essentially the BPA and if he comes back from that injury is a steal.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
chris canty ring a bell?

1st round prospect drops to rounds 2-4, this is only a plus for us, this guy is worth the risk if he is there in the 3rd, i mean come on now, he is a talented guy and we'd be taking the same risk on him as we did on canty. so i mean lets go for this guy if hes on the board when we pick. might seem like a reach, just because of injury, but he is essentially the BPA and if he comes back from that injury is a steal.

Oh I have no problem taking him in the third. Or maybe even the second. But not at 18.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Rack said:
Oh I have no problem taking him in the third. Or maybe even the second. But not at 18.

even if he passed the physical 18 sucks, but i mean in the 2nd hed be a steal already, but people are saying that he might even be falling down into the third.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Very true... one of the least important stats collected at the Underwear Olympics is the very one that drops top tier players into the late part of round 1 and even into a late day 1 pick...

Legitimate 3's and 4's move up to late 1's and early 2's... all because they can run .2 seconds faster than another player without pads...

It's because people become enamored with "freaks," the single most over used term this time of year, instead of "players." I prefer the latter myself.

ghst187

Reaction score
hmmm, from what i was reading prior to this I was under the impression that Allen was a lot more "recovered" than he apparently is.
I was a huge fan of his but I know that the injury was pretty serious.
I think I'm going to have to take him off my draft board sig..
perhaps we trade down in the second round to take Pat Watkins? He may not last til our pick in the third.
The only guy i would consider in the first is Huff if he fell. No Jimmy roasted punka** Williams and no Donte never heard of you til the combine Whitner. Not in the first.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
hmmm, from what i was reading prior to this I was under the impression that Allen was a lot more "recovered" than he apparently is.
I was a huge fan of his but I know that the injury was pretty serious.
I think I'm going to have to take him off my draft board sig..
perhaps we trade down in the second round to take Pat Watkins? He may not last til our pick in the third.
The only guy i would consider in the first is Huff if he fell. No Jimmy roasted punka** Williams and no Donte never heard of you til the combine Whitner. Not in the first.

dont take him off, just move him to the 3rd round pick, because apparantly failing a physical moves you down an entire round, haha. this guys is freakishly talented, yes i said FREAK once again. and like ive said before hes on the same boat as CANTY losing value due to an injury that people dont believe he will come back to 100% from. hes worth it in the 3rd for me no doubt, maybe even 2nd.