Jason Allen fails physicals...

Pokes28

Reaction score
marchetta said:
Not to mention that CB that we drafted that had an "unknown" heart condition. Can't remember his name, but he's now serving time for vehicular manslaughter after leaving the scene (you know how he is).

That would be Dwayne Goodrich.

That brings up something else. A lot of guys drafted had a very good Junior year but then had a so-so senior year. For some reason, some teams like to evaluate these kids based on their best season. That rarely works out. Dallas took Goodrich after he had a great junior year then was mediocre as a senior. A couple years ago Buffalo (with trade from Dallas) took JP Losman who had a very good junior year but was just ok as a senior.

I understand coming out after an injury. That is ok and it happens. But to basically ignore the most recent play of a guy is stupid. That is also why I'm not overly thrilled with the prospect of drafting Rodrick Wright this year. He was very good as a junior, but this past season wasn't nearly as good.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
once again, my sig for the win. we can thank the wonderful cincinatti bengals as we will be able to address our 4 biggest needs on day 1 once we trade down to the 25th pick and acquire their 3rd rounder as well. hey and just for insurance we could even try for a S in round 6 or 7. Jason Allen is definately high 2nd round caliber, but after failing his little physical and being a S he will surely drop to the late second and hopefully into the third in which case we can address the Oline in the 2nd, OLB in the 1st and finally get him and a NT in the third.

conner01

Reaction score
i would want to check out his hip before i took him at all. hips are seriuos, but keep in mind this may turn out to be nothing at all. who knows, one of the teams that said he failed his physical could be wanting him on the cheap. just have to do you homework and see if it's a real concern or false rumor