Jason Garret: "Here are my duties as your HC"

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So may I ask, what exactly DOES he do to earn $6 million annually? No results, no discipline, no accountability, no leadership, no competitive edge, no energy....he is a lifeless MANNEQUIN on the sidelines weekly!

The ONLY HC i have ever seen doing NOTHING during a game...no talking, no engaging with staff/players, no calling plays, no checking screenshot or play sheets....My Goodness, WHAT DOES HE DO!?

So what's McVay's excuse then for also being 3-3 with a similar 3 game skid? not here to defend him so i won't, but we just aren't good enough with how this team is built. If we lose to philly i'll say its time to move on from not only Garrett but marinelli, and some of these players that are over paid on expiring contracts. If we lose it's fire sell time!

romonumberone

Reaction score
I don't think That Garrett is that bad of a coach. is he a great coach like Jimmy Johnson? No. Not at all. But I think there is worse head coaches. I would probably put him as average. He has had a big part in assembling all the talent on the team. The players love him. The players play hard for him. he is not overly cautious. He is not overly aggressive.

I do wish he would make examples out of players and put more fear into the players.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
you gotta scratch, claw, and fight

get better each day in all 3 phases of the game

Cydios

Reaction score
JGclap.jpg

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I don't think That Garrett is that bad of a coach. is he a great coach like Jimmy Johnson? No. Not at all. But I think there is worse head coaches. I would probably put him as average. He has had a big part in assembling all the talent on the team. The players love him. The players play hard for him. he is not overly cautious. He is not overly aggressive.

I do wish he would make examples out of players and put more fear into the players.
in all seriousness, you're probably right. he's not that bad from an objective viewpoint.

the problem is i think his demeanor, his message, his philosophy, and his overall presence has grown stale and lost any effectiveness. the vets, all-pros, and pro-bowlers on this team are just not buying in anymore

the Dallas Cowboys deserve better than a mediocre head coach

waldoputty

Reaction score
1. Wear a headset but NEVER talk into it.
2. Stare helplessly at the field for 3 hours each week.
3. Clap when we fumble or punt.
4. Pat some butts as we go 3-and-out.
5. Spit.
6. Giggle and Smile and congratulate the opposing coach when they destroy us.
7. Tell the press we will review the tape.

NEXT WEEK: repeat
NEXT MONTH: repeat
NEXT YEAR: repeat

wear kneepads and make sure the owners are happy

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
5. Spit.

It's a process.

Praxit

Reaction score
..how bout Romo, famous cliche', "it is, what it is".. lol

Skillit

Reaction score
Some of y’all need to get a grip.

this is X’s and O’s—-not clapping, how he congratulates coaches or anything else.

If the other team didn’t seem to know what we are calling on every 3rd down and let’s say we were a 1 loss team—you’d be talking about how he shows a lot of class and that he sets the example of not being too high or low.

I wanted him gone during the 5-11 years when he forgot that it is legal to run the ball on the nfl. I still want him gone, but attack the things that he does for his team relative to his position.

Tbh- I like every intangible about JG—he just can’t seem to progress as a coach. So.....bye!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
5. Spit.

Gahhhhhh.... fuhhhhhhhh..

All true!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
5. Spit.

say the F word alot during the week as a counterpoint to my wimpy appearance (in that Amazon show last year I laughed at how often he forced the f word into his conversation when it wasnt needed)

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Garrett when we don't need him and things are going great.....1st or 2nd half...
th

Garrett when we need him and things are going bad...First or second half..
giphy.gif

Dre11

Reaction score
in all seriousness, you're probably right. he's not that bad from an objective viewpoint.

the problem is i think his demeanor, his message, his philosophy, and his overall presence has grown stale and lost any effectiveness. the vets, all-pros, and pro-bowlers on this team are just not buying in anymore

the Dallas Cowboys deserve better than a mediocre head coach

Link they're not buying in.