Jason Garrett 2:00 Dallas time *PC Thread*

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Danny White;1911413 said:
Singled him out as being a "true football player" or something like that. (I'm no Inman Roshi)

But he's not a "feature back" and "can't carry the load":rolleyes:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
parcells316;1911412 said:
He said they aren't going to look at the film of the Giants game .....

Why not?

When the wheels come off of a race car in Turn 4, it would seem to be appropriate to go back and see what happened.

Duane

Reaction score
theogt;1911409 said:
Its a great opportunity. Everybody is great. Jerry's great. Wade's great. Tony's great. Great opportunity in Baltimore and Atlanta. But Dallas is great. Great stuff.

He's great.

That's a great summary for the TLDR kiddies or those who couldn't listen in live.

ethiostar

Reaction score
theogt;1911409 said:
Its a great opportunity. Everybody is great. Jerry's great. Wade's great. Tony's great. Great opportunity in Baltimore and Atlanta. But Dallas is great. Great stuff.

He's great.

Don't forget 'special'. :)

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that he didn't say "I want me some Barbarian" or "It's going to be great next year. Everyone get your popcorn ready." :)

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Chief;1911425 said:
Why not?

When the wheels come off of a race car in Turn 4, it would seem to be appropriate to go back and see what happened.

maybe cause the players know why they lost.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Great interview. That guy will be a tremendous representative of this team when he becomes the HC. It's easy to see why people think so highly of him.

He completely disarmed all the talk about being a threat to Wade or Wade being a lame duck HC, by deferring so much repsect and praise upon Wade as his HC. With Garrett it comes across as genuine respect and friendship.

The most interesting thing, imo, was what he said about Barber. He said he told the offensive team on Monday they wouldn't watch the film of the game, but that he encouraged Barber to watch it. He then said Marion Barber is a "football player".

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Chief;1911425 said:
Why not?

They were 13-4. No need to go back and look at the film. All is well.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1911437 said:
He completely disarmed all the talk about being a threat to Wade or Wade being a lame duck HC, by deferring so much repsect and praise upon Wade as his HC. With Garrett it comes across as genuine respect and friendship.
Sounded more like Kevin Costner tutoring Nuke LaLoosh to me.

I don't hold it against Jason that he's such a polished politician. I just don't think it has has anything to do with how well he can coach a football team.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theogt;1911409 said:

He's great.

This is just silly.

You could say the same thing about every PC where something positive is being said.

Everyone knows what is going to be said. It's how the person says it that catches everyone's attention, and how they react to questions that are unexpected or possibly difficult to answer.

suddi12

Reaction score
Its very important to recognize what the cowboys are starting to try to build. Qb is set,Te's are good, defensive front seven are fine. Terry Glenn,Patrick Crayton and are third recievers. I need to know what Sam Hurd is. Remember, Weve let a few recievers get out of the program when we shouldn't have. Ex..Jimmy Smith of the jags. What we don't need in the draft is a rookie reciever. We don't have time for an early round reciever. What we do have time for is an excellent free agent who could step up into a role with TO. Chad Johnson, Roy Williams. Anthony Henry would be a good third corner. Roy Williams should gain his 15 pounds back and move to an inside lb spot.Last point. Would Aaron Glenn have let those plays up with 46 seconds left in the half? that was the one personel move I disagree with.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Garrett telling the team not to look at the tape goes right up there with Wade's Elite 8 comment for stupidest comment I've heard in a press conference I've heard in a long time. They all need to look at it, and get really pissed off about it. This team needs to head into next year angry with a chip on their shoulder.

I started to recap it, but it was just a bunch of cliches and platitudes.

CPonder14

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911482 said:
Garrett telling the team not to look at the tape goes right up there with Wade's Elite 8 comment for stupidest comment I've heard in a press conference I've heard in a long time. They all need to look at it, and get really pissed off about it. This team needs to head into next year angry with a chip on their shoulder.

He actually asked a lot of the players to go back and look at it themselves.

Duane

Reaction score
suddi12;1911473 said:
Its very important to recognize what the cowboys are starting to try to build. Qb is set,Te's are good, defensive front seven are fine. Terry Glenn,Patrick Crayton and are third recievers. I need to know what Sam Hurd is. Remember, Weve let a few recievers get out of the program when we shouldn't have. Ex..Jimmy Smith of the jags. What we don't need in the draft is a rookie reciever. We don't have time for an early round reciever. What we do have time for is an excellent free agent who could step up into a role with TO. Chad Johnson, Roy Williams. Anthony Henry would be a good third corner. Roy Williams should gain his 15 pounds back and move to an inside lb spot.Last point. Would Aaron Glenn have let those plays up with 46 seconds left in the half? that was the one personel move I disagree with.

:welcome:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911482 said:

I'm sure they will hear enough during the off-season to put that chip on their shoulders regardless if they rewatch the game or not.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911482 said:
I started to recap it, but it was just a bunch of cliches and platitudes.
Yes, but it was how he said those cliches and platitudes!!111

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
theogt;1911409 said:

He's great.

I guess you want him to be negative in a press conference.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
theogt;1911508 said:
Goodness. It was a JOKE!

Hard to tell with you lately. I wonder if the Colts fans are as down on their team as some of the people are on this one.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
zrinkill;1911512 said:
Hard to tell with you lately. I wonder if the Colts fans are as down on their team as some of the people are on this one.

I've wondered that, too... But I bet it's like with us last year. All the drama is on whether the coach is coming back or not.