Jason Garrett by the numbers

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
7 seasons as HC
2 playoff appearances
1 playoff win
2/3* winning seasons (2017 could either be another 8-8 or 9-7)

2017:

Cowboys went 10 quarters without scoring a TD. Club record.
Scored single digits in 3 straight games. Club record.
Lost to a team who had more penalty yardage than offensive yardage. Club record.
4 losses by over 20 points.
8 sacks in 1 game. The most given up by any Cowboy team since 1991.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I’ve made this point before, and I’ll do it again: If I had told you after the 2010 season that Garrett would have all of two playoff seasons and one playoff win at the conclusion of his seventh year, a certain contingent of posters would’ve accused me of being a troll.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Football is not the same as basketball and to make the comparison is silly. That being said 9-7 or 8-8 is unacceptable and not a good season when we are sitting on the coach 2 weeks before the playoffs

That's why I'm saying I don't care for anything 9-7 or less. Its a failed season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And its not like we are making the playoffs every season and just losing, we only have 2 playoff appearances in 7 seasons.

5 non playoff seasons
2 playoff seasons with 1-2 overall playoff record.

With Marvin Lewis retiring, Jason Garrett is now the longest tenured head coach in the NFL to not reach the SuperBowl. Everybody else got fired.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Two 9-7 teams have played in Superbowls.

It's be different if they were 9-7 in the playoffs and won a game. But i wasn't expecting much this year. Still could be 9-7 which is still ok for a young team building.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's be different if they were 9-7 in the playoffs and won a game. But i wasn't expecting much this year. Still could be 9-7 which is still ok for a young team building.

I keep hearing the term "young team building".

Clappy just completed year 7 and this is still a team building?

Wow.....at this rate my 7 yr old daughter will be moving off to college by the time Garrett gets his team ready to win a second playoff game:facepalm: