Jason Garrett by the numbers

BigD5

Reaction score
NYJ - gave up 17 pts in the 4th qtr to lose season opener. Mark Sanchez throws for 335 yds

Det - 20-3 halftime lead blown

NE - last minute td drive beat us because of poor clock management. Lost a 3 pt 4th qtr lead.

Phi - crushed 34-7 by eagles

Ari - 13-3 lead blown. Couldn’t stop a screen pass. Had punt blocked for Ari td. Also broke the punters leg on the play. Lost in OT.

NYG - giants stop a 4 game losing streak by scoring two tds in the final 3:14 of the game and blocking a dallas fg attempt. Pretty sure that’s never happened in dallas history. Losing after being up 2 yds with 3 mins left that is.

Phi - pretty much gave up in this game cause Romo hit his hand on a helmet.

NYG - the following week got absolutely creamed by the giants in a win or go home week 17 divisional showdown

BigD5

Reaction score
Sea - absolutely crushed. Sean Lee almost decapitated.

Chi - 2 pick sixes on national tv that cost us the game

Balt - Horrible clock management by Garrett on the final drive left Bailey with a 50+ yard field goal attempt that he pushed wide as time expired

ATL - scored 13 in the 4th qtr to come from behind to beat us

Wash - crushed by rg3 on thanksgiving. The first loss against Washington on thanksgiving day in Cowboy history.

NO - loss in OT. Eliminated from wild card

Wash - lost the win or go home game. Second year in a row to lose the division in week 17

BigD5

Reaction score
SD - Opposing QB threw for 400 yds and opponent had 500 total yds. (More on this later). Had a 21-13 lead at halftime.

Den - another 400/500 game given up by dallas. This was the shootout game we lost.

Det - Calvin Johnson 329 receiving yards. Another 400/500 game given up by defense. Also gave up 24 pts in the 4th qtr. And a holding call when trying to salt the game away cost us the game.

NO - gave up franchise record 625 yds in a devastating 49-17 loss. Brees missed throwing for 400 yards by 8 yards

Chi - crushed by josh Mccown because Cutler was out with an injury. Bears led 42-14 in 4th qtr

GB - this is the Matt Flynn come from behind game. Led 26-3 at halftime.
I believe it’s the biggest lead lost in franchise history. Somebody double check me

Phi - lost another win or go home game. 3rd in a row.

BigD5

Reaction score
ATL - dominated the game. Then suddenly we could not stop Atlanta. And couldn’t gain a yard on them. Led 28-17 at halftime. Outscored 22-0 in 2nd half

NO - loss in 13 seconds in OT

1-11 without Tony Romo. Beat wash in upset for 4th win of season. Costing us Carson wentz. They also finished 1-7 at home, their worst home record since 1989

BigD5

Reaction score
Great season
Wimped out in week 17 and rested starters. So we had two weeks off before playoffs. The rust probably cost us the game against Green Bay.

Also benched all time dallas cowboy passing leader in almost every category for a rookie QB. Rookie QBs have never even played in a super bowl before. Huge mistake in my opinion

BigD5

Reaction score
Den - carved up by Trevor siemien

Rams - blew 24-16 halftime lead

GB - score 20 4th qtr pts to beat dallas

ATL - a career scrub sets falcon franchise record of 6 sacks

Phi - got completed dominated

SD - embarrassed by a 4-6 team that goes for 500 total yards and QB throws for 400 yds.

The 500-400 club now has eight quarterbacks who have done it against the Cowboys since 1960. Billy Wade did it in 1962 win for the Bears and Warren Moon accomplished it in 1991 for the Houston Oilers. The other six have done it against the Jason Garrett-coached Cowboys since 2011:

-- Eli Manning in a December 2011 win for New York.
-- Drew Brees in a December 2012 win for New Orleans.
-- Peyton Manning in an October 2013 win for Denver.
-- Matt Stafford in an October 2013 win for Detroit.
-- Kirk Cousins in a November 2016 loss for Washington.
-- Philip Rivers in a November 2017 win for Los Angeles.

Now the 500/400 club without forcing a turnover or getting sacked is THREE. Brees, Cousins and rivers on thanksgiving. Care to guess who the coach was for all three? Jason Garrett

BigD5

Reaction score
The Cowboys fell to the Eagles 37-9 earlier this season after holding a 9-7 lead over Philadelphia at halftime. Dallas has lost only one other game by more than 20 points after leading at the intermission. On Dec. 9, 1962, the Cowboys led the St. Louis Cardinals 20–14 at halftime before eventually dropping the game 52-20.

BigD5

Reaction score
First time since 2004 they have had three straight losses by at least 20 points. The Bill Parcells’ Cowboys lost to the Cincinnati Bengals (26-3), Philadelphia Eagles (49-21) and Baltimore Ravens (30-10) on their way to a 6-10 finish. The only other time the Cowboys had three straight losses by at least 20 points came in 1960, the first year of the organization’s existence

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Look sometimes you just have to put away the stats and the numbers and just use your eyes and your heart.

I saw a team under Garrett who continually shows up not prepared to play football it takes them a quarter or two quit making mistakes and get rolling. especially when they have a bye week or a lot of time to prepare they always come out what seems to be flat.
I saw a team who needed to make adjustments during games and yet they continued to make the same mistakes over and over again until, I don't know maybe Jerry called down from the Press Box and said get that left tackle the hell out of there.
Or rod quit rushing 3 and drop an 8 because the quarterback has 15 seconds to run around waiting for a receiver to open up this went on and on and on loss after loss.
Another scenario that happened over and over again was running the ball well and then Linehan inexplicably choosing to start passing the ball.
maybe it was a quarterback option based on his read maybe it was just the play call but somebody has to stop it and nobody did.
I could go on and on about coaching decisions that left me scratching my head for crying out loud.
how many times did we walk off the field at halftime leaving time on the clock?
Anyway at least two out of the three people at the top of this coaching staff have to go and I would argue probably the ol coach also.
Yeah, it’s the eye ball test. Garrett does not pass it. Garrett is the main problem with this team!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The winless Browns have been beaten by 20 or more points once this season. The Cowboys three times in 12 days
Wow!!! That is coaching. We are to talented to get blown out 3 games in a row, injuries or not. I bet Belicheat laughs his as_ off when he hears the excuses, Dallas didn’t make the playoffs because of injuries and suspensions. Garrett is the main problem.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
10.14.12 at Ravens 31, Cowboys 29

The first loss in franchise history when the Cowboys run the ball 42+ times (89-1)

11.10.13 – at Saints 49, Cowboys 17: Defense allows franchise-worst 625 yards and NFL-record 40 first downs in prime time

Jason Garrett’s Cowboys set team record by going 10 quarters without a touchdown in 2017

Also Jason Garrett’s Cowboys scored in single digits in three straight games for the first time in club history in 2017

Hard to swallow racking up over 400 yards and 30 points in consecutive weeks, and losing both games. It's happened 12 times in Cowboys history. 2 of those in OT. Never back-to-back, but twice in 2011, 12, 13
Coaching, coaching, coaching. Garrett has to go, he is the main problem with this team. All the facts, some above, slap us in the face every day as Cowboys fans. Wake up Jerry. Get rid of Garrett!!