Jason Garrett Contract Extention

gmb1

Reaction score
Extending Garrett without ever getting to an NFC Championship game in 9 years is just absolutely stupid at this point. There's a stat that says if a head coach doesn't get to a Superbowl or NFC Championship game in the first 5 years then it usually never happens. A lot is riding on Saturday's game.

Flamma

Reaction score
There is no question this team plays very hard for Jason Garrett. His regular season records so far
8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 13-3, 9,7,
10-6. Now add 2 playoff wins. Not bad
compared to the constant coaching changes around the league. As it stands now, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jerry extend him for something like 3yrs 7m per year (through 2022). I still want another coach, but it’s hard to justify a change now. Like it or not, Garrett’s here for the long haul folks.

Considering our offensive talent that is terrible. Considering our talent 2 good seasons out of 7 is probably the law of averages. Am I supposed to applaud because the Cowboys miraculously went 10-6? If they were grades that's a C, C, C, B+, F, A, C+, and now a B-. Should I clap?

Verdict

Reaction score
What about Dez Bryant ? Talking about 'Garrett guys didn't want me ? '

Garrett is trash, not all his players play hard for him . They play hard because they are professionals.

That argument makes Garrett look like the Patron Saint of head coaches. Maybe you should try a different argument.

Verdict

Reaction score
Considering our offensive talent that is terrible. Considering our talent 2 good seasons out of 7 is probably the law of averages. Am I supposed to applaud because the Cowboys miraculously went 10-6? If they were grades that's a C, C, C, B+, F, A, C+, and now a B-. Should I clap?

Yes. You should clap. Relentlessly.