Jason Garrett Contract Extention

blueblood70

Reaction score
All NFL players play hard for their HC , they are professionals .

3 playoff berths in 9 years is atrocious .
id like to see changes but your stats are not valid as its what is going on NOW..2 division titles, 2 playoff berths with two wins, and counting as this yrs not over ,in the last 3 yrs..thats good stretch and it wasn't on him that RG suspended Zeke and they had rash of injuries in 2017 but still got to 9-7..

really going back 5 yrs its all 3 payoff berths all Division Titles and 3 playoff berths, 2 wins and counting..if hes in the middle of finally getting a team together you use recent history not all 9 yrs..technically one losing season? now scot Linehan and Moore and the ST coach IMO all need at least look at replacements..

reality is jerry not firing after this win especially going 8-1 the last 9 games and a playoff win..so we are stuck with them for now

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Good luck with that blocking thing.

I’ll just point out again that you’re deflecting and trying to make this about playoff wins rather than just acknowledging your earlier criticism was silly and 100% wrong.

Real mature. Anyhow, I now get that you have the exalted position of moderator. Congrats. I will just ignore you. Take care.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There is no question this team plays very hard for Jason Garrett. His regular season records so far
8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 13-3, 9,7,
10-6. Now add 2 playoff wins. Not bad compared to the constant coaching changes around the league. As it stands now, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jerry extend him for something like 3yrs 7m per year (through 2022). I still want another coach, but it’s hard to justify a change now. Like it or not, Garrett’s here for the long haul folks.
I wonder what his fave Bruce song is. I bet it's I'm Going Down...
Only because it's mine... lol.

Tommy

Reaction score
Real mature. Anyhow, I now get that you have the exalted position of moderator. Congrats. I will just ignore you. Take care.
You were wrong and he called you out.

Instead of owning up to it you keep deflecting the conversation.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
H
You were wrong and he called you out.

Instead of owning up to it you keep deflecting the conversation.
How was I wrong Tommy Boy? My point was Garrett has next to zero playoff success in 9 seasons. The Garrett apologist touts Garrett's sterling record over the past 3 season. Never mind the 4-12 disaster the year before that and the .500 record with a Pro Bowl QB before that. You Garrett lovers crack me up.

Tommy

Reaction score
H

How was I wrong Tommy Boy? My point was Garrett has next to zero playoff success in 9 seasons. The Garrett apologist touts Garrett's sterling record over the past 3 season. Never mind the 4-12 disaster the year before that and the .500 record with a Pro Bowl QB before that. You Garrett lovers crack me up.
Yeah, cool story.

All these Garrett lovers want to talk about recent history. WhyJerry wants to talk about 4 and 5 years ago instead.

Do yourself a favor and quit crying dude. Try to get pumped up for our playoff game Saturday night.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Sign Garrett to a 5 year, $40m extension. Put all this talk of coaching change to rest once and for all. Garrett haters can learn to deal with it or they can pound sand.

While he's at it, Jerry can:

- Get Dak signed for 5 years, $120m

- Get Zeke on the books for 4 years, $50m

- Hope Cooper will sign for 5 years, $75m

While they're at it, they should renegotiate the CBA and go to the NBA model. May the richest team win (I like our chances with that scenario)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
There is no question this team plays very hard for Jason Garrett. His regular season records so far
8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 13-3, 9,7,
10-6. Now add 2 playoff wins. Not bad compared to the constant coaching changes around the league. As it stands now, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jerry extend him for something like 3yrs 7m per year (through 2022). I still want another coach, but it’s hard to justify a change now. Like it or not, Garrett’s here for the long haul folks.
Not sure what an extention is but yes he may get an extension if he gets another playoff win, Jerry loves the guy!

bdk76

Reaction score
All NFL players play hard for their HC , they are professionals ..

Raise your hand if you can prove that wrong!!

iu

GettyImages-861734928-e1512406329100.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only concern I have right now is the Rams game. Garrett has the responsibility of getting his team ready to face the Rams. Extend or don't extend is something that will take place after the season is done.

dfense

Reaction score
Wade Phillips record here was outstanding. Wade Phillips got Dallas first playoff win in 17 years. He had a top five defense in terms of scoring
And had three winning seasons out of four.

In his only losing season, Garrett’s offense had 19 TOs in the first seven games of the season Wade got fired and Garrett couldn’t run the ball. Garrett has absolute control over the offense then. Wade was a scapegoat for Garrett’s pathetic play-calling and lack of being able to properly manage the offense. Players like TO were actually blasting Garrett.

Nobody hated Wade on this team. Guys like Ratliff were monsters with Wade and had issues with the organization after Wade left.
Khiladi, I'm usually on the same page as you, but you are way off on Phillips. He brought a whatever attitude to the team, especially the defense. They quit on him. I never saw a defense fade away like the Cowboys did with him as the HC. It took them several years to jettison the players and restore some attitude after Cup Cake Wade.

dfense

Reaction score
He's definitely not THE problem with this team. He's clearly a good coach and this team is almost always in the game.

My biggest gripe is aggressiveness. He seems to play not to lose. However this year has been much different in that regard
Yeah, a couple fake punts, 60 yard kicks, 4th down calls. A bit more and I like it.