News: Jason Garrett - Dak has to improve in every facet

khiladi

Reaction score

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Today, I thought Colin Cowherd had a great take on the Cowboys, namely Garrett, Dak, defense, and ST’s.

Basically said Jason called Dak out publicly, and it was a good thing. Jason said about Dak after last season what the Rams were thinking after Goff’s rookie year. Time to put up or shut up.

Great RB.
Good, to at times, great O-line.
Stud pass rusher in Lawrence.
Above average LBs.
Young and talented secondary.
Coaching stability.
Good STs.
Pressure is all over Dak to get it done this upcoming season.
Young overall, and good enough to win it all.

Yep, everything many of you hate to hear, and wildly debate every minute of every day. Have fun stomaching that.

GMO415

Reaction score

source.gif

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Skippy missed because the Cowboys issues are more deeply rooted than HC. [/QUOTE]

Not all of them. Garrett is quite adept at making his own screw ups without any help from Jerry, and he does. Garrett needs to take responsible for his own incompetency for a change.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd love it if the front office and staff just shut their mouths and produce a winning tradition. Pointing out that a struggling player we all know needs to improve is hiding the fact that the coaching staff, specifically offensively screws the pooch every season. Our LT is playing with an injury and also misses games, so what does the staff do? Not address the problem as we saw. Swapping players from other positions out of necessity instead of more prompt action. Same with RB. Same with QB when Romo was injured. Not having sufficient depth is the staff's fault. We can use the injury excuse, but the coaching fails us every year. Then we have the numerous game-day failures by the OC and HC. Some are OK with it, I think it will never change.

khiladi

Reaction score
Great theory..

Garrett telling Dak he’s got a year to put up or shut up, while benching Romo for him...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not all of them. Garrett is quite adept at making his own screw ups without any help from Jerry, and he does. Garrett needs to take responsible for his own incompetency for a change.
I’d agree with “not all of them “and Garrett does need to take responsibility for his Game Day gaffs.

Supporting Garrett doesn’t necessarily represent an excuse for his incompetence.