Twitter: Jason Garrett explains Dez Bryant actions

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeff Cavanaugh ‏@JC1053 4m4 minutes ago

"Dez Bryant missed an MRI and a treatment on Monday. He missed a team meeting on Tuesday, and he was not at a meeting Wednesday" - Garrett
"He suspected that it was a serious injury. He really thought he was gonna get bad news, so he avoided it" - Garrett on Dez.

David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 4m4 minutes ago Frisco, TX
Garrett says Dez was fearful the MRI was going to have some bad news, so he avoided it. Was worried the news would be worse than what it was

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 4m4 minutes ago
Garrett: Dez Bryant got info Sunday night that it might be serious injury, so avoided MRI initially. Dez thought results were gonna be worse
Jason Garrett on Dez Bryant: "He's a very, very passionate person. He's an emotional person. He didn't handle it the right way."

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 3m3 minutes ago Frisco, TX
Garrett said Dez Bryant didn't handle it the right way. It has been addressed. And the Cowboys are moving on
Garrett said the Cowboys do not anticipate Bryant practicing today. He does feel better and they will how he feels tomorrow

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this was huge mistake by the head coach the press will now be his big adversary

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not sure Garrett defended him there.
He said he didn't handle it right.
They fined him as well.

he explained Dez' thought process, that's all. He in no way defended it from what I can tell.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Garrett said Dez Bryant missed an MRI and a treatment on Monday. He missed a team meeting on Tuesday, and he was not at a meeting Wednesday"

Garrett said Dez Bryant didn't handle it the right way. It has been addressed

To me that is all there is to it, everything else is a excuse.

And then to report it to SF media first, seems armature.

Is it the end of the world, no but it was a opportunity to set a different tone.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure Garrett defended him there.
He said he didn't handle it right.
They fined him as well.

he explained Dez' thought process, that's all. He in no way defended it from what I can tell.
That's how it was taken...I'll change it to "explains," but yeah....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy Hughes™ Verified account ‏@TommySledge
After Garrett broke the Dez news to the San Fran media, here's a look at the DFW media walking into the press conference (@1053TheFan)

CtiGFOEUIAAFBGU.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Garrett said Dez Bryant missed an MRI and a treatment on Monday. He missed a team meeting on Tuesday, and he was not at a meeting Wednesday"

Garrett said Dez Bryant didn't handle it the right way. It has been addressed

To me that is all there is to it, everything else is a excuse.

And then to report it to SF media first, seems armature.

Even according to Dez in his tweet they were waiting on the results of the MRI late Wednesday which also happened to be when Garrett was on conference call with SF media. I really don't care if JJT and the rest of the Dallas media got the news 2nd or 1st.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess is it's a bigger deal to people here than it is to anyone on the team. Easier to be a hard *** when you're a fan.
I seriously wonder how folks parent their kids. Because it's the same concept. You can lay the foundation. Set expectations. And they will still ***** it up. So what do you do? Do you go 0-10 or do you discipline by levels.