Jason Garrett is a One-Trick Pony

khiladi

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2331506 said:
it boggles my mind how Garrett refuses to attack the middle of the field, the thing about playing against a zone is beating it w/ the short passing game, that'll pull in the D closer, and then it'll open up plays deep

Not only that, it makes the LBs second guess their rushes. Romo is getting killed in the pocket, and teams are just flat-out attacking the line from the front. You run quick passes in the middle, these DL is going to have to pay more attention in regards to coverage and getting their hands up allowing our OL time to get it's groove. Our OL has been on the back of it's heels all day long for the past few games.

khiladi

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2331545 said:
I think Romo should start changing the play at the line.

The last series of the game, he called 'kill', which was an audible on the blitz. But that same audible is a freaking vertical route.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2331558 said:
The last series of the game, he called 'kill', which was an audible on the blitz. But that same audible is a freaking vertical route.

LoL then he needs to play madden with everyone and introduce them all to some hot routes.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Uh-Oh;2331356 said:
In all honesty, who the heck expected such a ferocious pass-rush from the Cardinals? Their defense actually looked dominating. I can't remember the last time I had good things to say about the Cardinals' defensive prowess. I guess the return of Bertrand Berry was sorely underestimated.:eek:
haha this was the same defense that the freakin Jets dismantled just 2 weeks ago...
anyways ive been less than impressed with Red lately. never running any short routes and going deep when we need a few yards for the 1st, etc.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2331553 said:
Not only that, it makes the LBs second guess their rushes. Romo is getting killed in the pocket, and teams are just flat-out attacking the line from the front. You run quick passes in the middle, these DL is going to have to pay more attention in regards to coverage and getting their hands up allowing our OL time to get it's groove. Our OL has been on the back of it's heels all day long for the past few games.

:hammer: this is probably the 4th or 5th time that Im going to say this today

but Garrett is out of his depth right now

khiladi

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2331593 said:
haha this was the same defense that the freakin Jets dismantled just 2 weeks ago...
anyways ive been less than impressed with Red lately. never running any short routes and going deep when we need a few yards for the 1st, etc.

This was a team that had busted coverages against Jason Campbell and the Commanders, and we couldn't do jack squat.... ANd Jerry is paying Garrett this much for what?

khiladi

Reaction score
Can we honestly say we need a number #2 receiver with all this talent? Is it really the lack of a #2 receiver holding this team down? Hell, the Cardinals lost Boldin and their #2 receiver stepped up and got a big TD against Henry...

dre1614

Reaction score
Keep in mind he has only been a coordinator for 2 years, and a coach for 3 total. TOTAL, that is not much experience at all. He is still learning how to coach.

Yes he is payed too much but blame that on Jerry not Jason.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
khiladi;2331615 said:
Can we honestly say we need a number #2 receiver with all this talent? Is it really the lack of a #2 receiver holding this team down? Hell, the Cardinals lost Boldin and their #2 receiver stepped up and got a big TD against Henry...

I think a #2 would help some, but there does seem to be something "off" with this team. They remind me of the Pheonix Suns. Fun to watch, put on a great show, but they can be beaten with some fundamentals and/or be out-muscled to a win.

As the season continues, I only hope we can be more like the Spurs and less like the Suns.