Recommended Jason Garrett named 2016 PFWA Coach of the Year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Jason Garrett but he deserved this award.

I felt like it should've gone to him or JAck Del Rio.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Give him a pro bowl QB, RB, WR, TE, LT, C, RG and a bunch of other really good players and look out! ;)

Seriously though, I like him. He's the best coach in the NFC East and his staff is really good too. In the NFC, I really would only put 3 coaches ahead of him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Despite the tenor in here post GB game, well deserved. Garrett and the staff did an outstanding job this year with the team.
I can't remember watching this team have so much fun playing together.

Garrett deserves recognition.

Now..when will we beat the Packers in the playoffs.?

This reminds me of 1966-1967 when we lost twice to the Pack in the playoffs.

Bart Starr was our nemisis.

Now it's Rodgers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Give him a pro bowl QB, RB, WR, TE, LT, C, RG and a bunch of other really good players and look out! ;)

Seriously though, I like him. He's the best coach in the NFC East and his staff is really good too. In the NFC, I really would only put 3 coaches ahead of him.

That's what i'm saying.

You give most really elite coaches an elite QB and a bunch of scabs and they can do real damage.

With us it's like we have to build the perfect roster and if we don't have the perfect roster then his excusers will use that as their excuse.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No issue with this.

But he has to start producing postseason results starting next year.

Agreed. He still makes mistakes, but if we take our Blue and Silver glasses off and look at is if it were another team, they went from 4-12 to 13-3 with a rookie QB. End of discussion.

sbark

Reaction score
so his "trade value" just went up...........what did the Jets get for Parcells 15 years ago.......a #1..more?.........:)

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Jimmy was coach for 5 years and won 2 rings. Jason has been coach for 6.5 years and won 1 playoff game

I think when you talk about what Jimmy was able to do a couple of things should be remembered.. 1. No Cap rules. 2. He had 63 Draft picks, including 7 1st round picks in his 5 years.. Garrett has had 48 picks with 6 1st round picks.. it was a lot easier to "fix" a roster back then as well, with no cap. It really is comparing apples and oranges. It will be another 2 years before Garrett is at the same level of picks that Jimmy had.. I suspect we will have won a SB by that time.. we shall see.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smile protocol, engaged. The robot can finally tell all y'all to bite his shiny metal trophy. You can PM me for advice on how to be right so often in the face of so much adversity. The key, I've found, is just to be a lot smarter than the people you debate with. Which can make things challenging for me sometimes.

Who else would trade this hardware for an extra two yards in the 4th quarter last week? I'll throw in the ORotY trophy, too.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hard to argue against the record and getting so much out of all those rookies.

Shame he came up short yet again in the playoffs.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they hand out several participation trophies for the regular season but only one lombardi